Lord of Levitation

Sky Village M side

Hawk. The perfect name for someone who can fly. But not for someone who hates heights. You can't​ blame him though since he almost fell to his death as a child. When he was only 6 years old he was playing with his friends at the school and they decided to have a competition as to who can fly the highest. Hawk was doing very well until it came down to the final round. Him against another boy his age. They both flew up at the same time but accidentally bumped into each other throwing them off their balance and concentration. As a result Hawk started to fall to the ground. Luckily before he hit the ground their teacher flew up and caught him. Since that day, he had been afraid of heights. Even when he was told that he was the next Lord of Levitation he was still afraid of heights. Becoming a Legend, he had to learn to conquer his fears. Eventually he did overcome his fear of heights. It no longer bothered him. He now hoped that his successor would be braver than he was.

As he walked along, children practiced trying to levitate up and down. Even if it was only an inch off the ground. They have to start somewhere, he thought. He was the same way when he was their age. Actually all flyers started out that way. The start off close to the ground. Safe enough so if they fall they wouldn't fall far, but also enough for them to get used to the feeling of their feet not touching the ground. Hawk remembered when he levitated for the first time. It felt so weird and the thought of not being on the ground was a bit funny and scary at the same time. He giggled as the memories flooded back to him. 

For some reason he felt like this was going to be too easy. No it won't, he reminded himself, no Legend ever finds their successor right away. He heard people cheering further down the road. When he got there he made his way around the people to be in front for a better view.

It was the Dragon Games. Very popular in sky village. It was simply a way to show your skills to everyone and gain bragging rights. Hawk himself was in the Dragon Games when he was young. He was known for his suicide dive where he would let himself fall from a great height then catch himself just before he hit the ground. Not his favorite for obvious reasons. He was curious of what the new generation could do. One of them dodged in flight like a fly making immediate changes in direction. Another could lay on his back and levitated off the ground two feet while still in the same position. Some of them Hawk thought were a bit lame. The young ones had no creativity when it came to flying. Finally a young man stepped up. The minute Hawk saw him, he felt his presence.

"That's him?" He thought out loud. His eyes were glued onto him. Examining everything he did. The crowd grew excited as he climbed a high tower. Once at the top he stood on the edge. Hawk rolled his eyes. This is just another suicide dive. His attention was caught when the young man turned around. He back flipped off the tower catching himself midway down. He flew straight up fast. Hawk again rolled his eyes. Was he seriously doing a speed show? That's when the person flew as fast as they could at top speeds. But his attention was caught again when he heard the sound of a sonic boom, and the boy was gone. The audience roared at this feat. Hawk was amazed. He had never seen anyone do a sonic boom before. And no one dared to fall off a building backwards, let alone a back flip. Just as fast he flew away, he flew back and gently landed on the ground. "Who is that?" He asked the person next to him.