Chapter four ~

Fiddling with my hair, I let out a slight moan in relief as I finally finish getting ready. Sitting down on the edge of my bed, I grin widely as I slip on my favourite pair of heels before grabbing my phone to text Calum.

“Hey Cal, I’m ready to go? I hope I wasn’t too longJ x” – Me

Clicking send, I yawn quietly before walking into the bathroom and taking another quick glance at myself in the mirror. Touching up my makeup sluggishly, my eyes dart towards my phone on the basin as it lights up brightly. Picking it up swiftly, I giggle quietly as I click on Calum’s message.

“Yep we are ready to go! We will meet you downstairs?” – Calum

Stumbling back into the bedroom, I hastily pick up my bag with everything I needed for tonight in it before heading towards the door. Flicking my eyes back at my phone I give Calum a quick ‘ok’ message as I reach the elevator, pushing the button for the lobby. Tonight was going to be so much fun, and I was excited to spend some quality time with friends. Listening to the soft music playing around me, I can’t help to think about what had happened earlier with Calum. Did it mean something? Shaking the random thoughts from my mind, I look up from the ground as the doors open to see the boys lounging around the chairs in the corner of the room. Feeling extremely excited for what was to come, I can’t help but want to show off a little as I cough to get their attention. Watching each boy look up confused and interested, my lip curls up into a smirk as I am quite flattered by their gawks. Walking towards them, I move my hand through my hair uncontrollably as I watch Calum’s eyes move up and down my body once more.

“Ready to go boys…?” I mumble confidently as I place my arm around Luke’s shoulder as he chuckles warily.

“We were ready about twenty minutes ago J?” Michael laughs as I roll my eyes before poking his stomach with my elbow as the rest of the boys shook their heads joining in with our laughter.

“I’m sorry…Anyway, where are we going?”

“We are going to a friend’s party, which is being held at a hotel a couple of streets away.” Ashton utters out grinning as he turns towards the door where once again groups of fans were waiting to catch another glimpse of the boys.

“Oh, we don’t have to go out that way, do we?” I ask anxiously as Calum comes towards me before placing his arm around my waist, now making me look like a pimp in between Luke and himself.

“We won’t let anything happen to you cutie.”

Calum’s voice is almost calming as we all begin towards the door, gripping both Calum and Luke tightly I watch suspiciously as the fans all began to take in what they were seeing. Taking a quick breath I look up to Calum before watching him smile, I knew he wouldn’t let anything happen to me, but of course I was still troubled. Glancing down at my feet, I control my thoughts on keeping my balance as the five of us all push through the crowd towards the car that had been waiting for us.

“Calum lets, let J get in first.” Luke calls out over the scream and flashes of the fans as I look at him before Calum.

Watching Calum nod almost instantly, I turn back to see Luke open up the door of the car, before feeling him push me forwards to hop in. Awkwardly positioning myself inside the car, I look back over my shoulder to see Calum and Luke being pushed back only slightly. Beginning to freak out, I turn quickly to see the door beside me open before having Ashton and Michael pile in almost on top of me.

“Where are Luke and Cal?” Michael questions silently uneasy as I point towards the door I had come in.

“They got pushed back, I can’t see them anymore?”

“They probably have gotten in another car?” Ashton reassures me patting me on the back, as I sigh heavily before turning back to look out the window.

Just as I did, Ashton looks down at his phone as it begins to flash. Turning back to watch him closely, my smile returns slowly as he looks up grinning.

“It’s Cal, him and Luke have gotten in another car and are heading to the party. They want us to meet them there.”

“Oh thank god, at least they’re ok.” I mumble out happily as Ashton nods in agreement.

“This always seems to happen J; you might start getting used to it.” Michael says laughing as he gently hits my shoulder before leaning back into his seat, making me smile. 

Finding my excitement returning, I don’t seem to realize that I had cuddled into Ashton’s side, until I felt him awkwardly squirming underneath me trying to free his arm. Sitting forward quickly a little flushed, I turn back to see Ashton’s face crinkled in amusement.

“What…” I mumble scratching my arm anxiously as Ashton beckons me to sit back, and so I do gently.  

“Nothing, you’re just really adorable…”

“No I’m not.”

"Yes you are."

Pursing my lips in defiance, I look from a chuckling Ashton to Michael rubbing his eyes softly before leaning forward with a small laugh.   

“J, you might be able to win an argument with Cal, but trust me Ashton will win…Always.” Michael mutters with another laugh as Ashton mumbles in agreement before matching Michael’s laugh with his own.

“You will never win against me J.”

Feeling slightly annoyed and defeated, I can’t help but to act like a child as I pull myself from Ashton to the seat opposite him. Crossing my arms sourly, I watch Ashton and Michael both look at each other before settling their eyes on me.

“J? Did we upset you?” Ashton utters slightly confused as Michael pulls his hand through his hair before frowning at my silence.

“Jaden, we were only messing? You aren’t really mad about us teasing right?”

Watching both of them turn from me to each other, I try desperately to hide my smile as I lean forward. Tilting my head as Ashton rubbed his shoulder, I yawn quietly before turning to look out the window.

“J?” Ashton coos tapping me on the knee as I turn to swat his hand away before watching him lean back beaten.

“Apologise.” I stammer out still looking out the window as I watch Ashton and Michael move uncomfortably in the reflection.

“What?” Michael questions confused as I turn to face them both.

“Apologise and tell me I won this ‘argument’.”

“J, are you really doing this?” Ashton asks shaking the hair out of his eyes as I clench my eyes a little before giving him a sweet smile and nodding.

“I sure am.”

“I’m not going to apologise.”

“Ashton, just apologise dude? Jaden, I am sorry and congratulations on winning the argument.” Michael states smiling as I turn to him my smile widening.

“I forgive you Michael.” I giggle as I turn to see Ashton cross his arms, before looking down and sighing.

“I’m sorry.” Ashton whispers under his breath, as I smirk before leaning closer with my hand against my ear.

“I’m sorry Ash, what was that? I couldn’t quite hear?”

“I’m sorry.” Ashton shouts a little louder as his eyes return to mine.

Watching him shift sourly in his seat, I roll my eyes before getting up to sit next to him again. Cuddling into Ashton’s side, I feel him sigh in defeat before placing his arm around my waist. Fiddling with his shirt, I can’t help but to feel completely safe in his arms, but it felt different to when I was in Calum’s.