Chapter 4

A/N: Sorry about that long wait....places to be, things to do.......

School's almost over! WHOOO! Although I'm kinda sad....only cuz all my friends were in almost all my classes...and the teachers were awsum....and the place we wait before we walk to our lockers in the morning was all grassy and separated from the other grades.... sniff. But otherwise, WHOO!!!!                                                                

Anyways, Chapter 4!!!! VOlLA!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

"Commander Jade." She leaned down and a laser scanned her eye. It beeped again, and the gates opened. They walked behind her through the gates, and stopped in complete awe.

Jade smiled at them. "Welcome to Headquarters."

Now you know how usually, when a chapter leaves off at a cliffhanger concerning a view of something and in the next chapter it starts out saying something like, "It was huge," or "It was beautiful" ? Well, that's exactly what I was expecting to say, but the words died in my mouth.

It was....lame.

There was a single, one-story black building in front of them. It looked as if it were made from marble --which it probably was--all shiny and new and modern. Not huge, but kind of impressive.

Green grass surrounded the whole area, which was probably about one acre large. There were a few trees here and there, but no flowers. That should have been a bit expected. A quick peek at Katy showed her looking slightly disappointed. Good. I wasn't the only one.

I looked behind us, and saw the helicopter landings. They were basically really tall, skinny buildings with a platform on top. So kind of like a rooftop platform, except the only thing inside were the stairs.

"Well come on, don't be standing there all day; we need to get moving!" Jade called. She was already at the glass double doors that led inside.

Katy and I caught up to her, still in awe. Jade pushed open the doors, and we followed her inside.

It was completely empty.

That was a bit peculiar for a headquarter building..

The only thing that occupied the room was a glass desk at the other end. There were no windows. There was a woman sitting behind, a laptop and papers in front of her. Typical receptionist.

Jade marched over to the desk and spoke directly to the woman.

"Commander Jade Russo, Trainer."

"I.D please," said the woman.

Jade took something out of a belt looped around her waist and handed it over the desk. The woman scanned it and nodded, handing it back to Jade.

She led us to the side of the room, where she took out a different card and swiped it through a device in the wall.

The doors of an elevator slid open. I was confused, because I was sure I had seen only one floor from outside.

Jade ushered us inside, and when I stepped inside with Katy and Jade, I squeaked when I looked down.

The elevator was made of glass.

Now, I'm not afraid of heights, but this was just... weird. I could tell that Katy was completely awed by it. No matter how naive or care-free she was, she was always curious about new things.