Chapter 1.

Chapter 1. - Violet.

The Tall Figure.

Violet stared at the gloomy beach where it all had started, wondering what was to become of them when they reached the shore.

It had been almost a year ago when they left the island. Little Beatrice was getting very big, and while Sunny had started to teach her how to talk, she could only say, "Pee-te fish." But every time she said it, Sunny swelled up with pride.

Klaus was going to be 15 in a few weeks and Violet wondered what kind of birthday he would have in the place that had only casued them misery.

Violet then took a ribbon out of her pocket and tied her hair up so she could think.

While Klaus was looking at some type of seaweed, Sunny was sitting with Beatrice teaching her the right way to chew on a piece of old wood.

When Violet turned back to look at the beach she saw a tall figure standing alone on the shore. Violet turned to Klaus, who had already stood up, and said, "Who do you think it is???"

"I don't know," Klaus said back.

Sunny who now heard her siblings talking stood up and said, "Kixon?" meaning "What is it?"

"There's someone on the shore Sunny" Said Violet.

"Who?"

"We don't know"

"Oh" Said Sunny,

"Pee-te fish" Said Beatrice,

"Not now Beatrice" Said Klaus,

"PEE-TE FISH" yelled Beatrice,

"Dieper change" Said Sunny after feeling the damp and heavy diaper.

"Klaus, your turn," Said Sunny handing him Beatrice,

They were almost at the shore when the man called out to them.

"Baudelaire children, Is that you?!"

They could see the man now, He was young (Maybe in his late 20's) tall, And had a big chin, He was wearing a pair of jeans with a green shirt,

They had Never seen this man before.

"It's me, Mr. Pogue!"

"Mr. Pogue?? Who's Mr. Pogue??" Whispered Klaus to Violet,

"Second cousin" Violet replied, Violet had often heard her father talking about his rich cousin who was always bragging about, Having more money then the great Baudelaire's, But never had Violet Klaus or Sunny met this Second cousin.

They had now reached the shore and were stepping off the boat when Violet

said. "Mr. Pogue, Your my fathers cousin correct?"

"Yes, Yes, Children do you remember me??"

"No" Klaus said flatly.

"No i suppose not, Violet was only a baby last time me and my family came to visit, I'm so very sorry about your parents children."

"Yes, as are we Mr. Pogue" Violet said.

"Please children don't call me Mr. Pogue, My name is Robert."

"Alright" Violet replied,

"You have been missing for so long, They have stoped writing about you in the newspaper, They have declired you all DEAD"

"Do we have graves??" Klaus said, Thinking it would be fun to visit his own grave.

"No i'm afraid not children, It is said that they did not want to be bothered"