Chapter 2.

Chapter 2. - Violet.

They had to admit, It was a nice house.

When they reached the house, Mr.Poe said, "Well we're here children."

"Mr.Poe," Robert said, "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Yes of course! I thought you'd never ask... Uh i mean are you sure Robert?, I wouldn't want to brother you."

Robert laughed, "Yes Mr.Poe, I'm sure."

"Well okay," Said Mr.Poe, Looking very embarrassed.

"Well while the servants are preparing the food, We're take a tour of the grounds, And i'll answer any questions you all might have."

The house was a lovely dark brown color, it was three stories tall, With hedges in the front, And had ivy coming up the left side of the house, The front yard was just a clear patch of grass, The back yard had a fenced in meadow, With six lovely black and white horse's, And the rest of the back yard was a maze of hedges, Kinda felt femliler.

After answering all the asked question's Robert said "Well that's about i.,"

"You know this is actraly the first time I've had a tour of your lovely home, Robert." said Mr.Poe.

"Why thank you Dav- i mean Mr.Poe."

there it was again Violet thought, Robert had called Mr.Poe David twice now, was that really Mr.Poes is first name?

Violet didn't hesitate to ask this time, She really wanted to know, She asked clearly and loudly. (So Mr.Poe could hear her.)

"David? Is that your first name Mr.Poe?"

Mr.Poe shot an annoyed glare at Robert, "Yes Violet, Yes it is."

Then without another word he turned away from them, Walked back to his car and drove away.

After about a minute in silence, robert sighed, "i guess he's not staying for dinner then." He chuckled a it to himself as he started heading to the front door.

"What was that all about?" asked Klaus. As they all followed Robert to the front porch.

"He's embarrassed," Violet whispered to herself.

"Not embarrassed Violet, Ashamed." Robert said,

Violet was a little startled, Thinking no one had heard her.

"Ashamed of what?" Asked Klaus.

They had now reached the porch, Robert was standing in front of the door, His back facing Violet.

"His name... But i'll have to tell you all that story another time."

"Come on!" Said Klaus,

"It's alright Klaus, We're hear about it another time." Said Violet, trying to calm Klaus down with her voice.

Klaus grumbled something, And then silently obeyed.

Suddenly Robert said, "Oh i forgot! I've invited a friend of mine over for dinner, I hope you all don't mind, I know that you're all pretty tired from your long uh... Shall we just say trip?"

With all the excitement of meeting Robert, Seeing Mr.Poe again, (Or David) Violet never stopped to think about how tired she was, But instead of saying 'I think we should skip dinner altogether, ' Like she kinda wanted to, She said, "It's your house Robert, It doesn't matter if we don't like your friends."

A shocked look went across Robert's face, He looked down, When he looked back up at them, He looked deep in thought, "But it does Violet, now that I'm your new guardian, I shall try to be the best guardian you children will ever have, And hopefully the last, And that means that i have to care about what you want as well."