Chapter 5.

Chapter 5. - Klaus

Man's Best Friend.

Klaus stood awkwardly as Robert kept shaking his hand. He pulled his hand away, took a few steps back, and adjusted his round glasses. Roberts smile didn't fade. Which made him look like some type of happy go lucky Poodle.

"Poodle?" Robert asked, his broad smile turning into a frown.

A shocked expression flew across Klaus face, as he realized he had thought that out loud. He ignored Roberts question, and quickly turned to leave, when Robert grabbed him.

"Never mind the question. Come with me, i want to show you something" Robert let go of Klaus, and left the room.

Klaus stood there a minute wondering what Robert could possibly want to show him, when Robert ducked his head back into the doorway.

"Anytime now Klaus." He said with an overly cheerful voice.

Klaus sighed and followed Robert out the door. They walked down a long hall until Robert stopped in front of a old wooden door leading outside. Robert looked at Klaus with a giddy smile.

"Don't get too excited, okay." He said, as he opened the door.

The sun blinded Klaus for a second before his eyes adjusted. He stepped forward. He was standing in Roberts backyard facing the maze. Klaus was confused.

"What did yo-" Klaus was caught halfway though his sentence, as a large black and white blur slammed into him.

He fell over his glasses falling off of him and hitting the brick steps leading into the yard. Klaus winced when he heard the sound of glass shattering, and knew it was his glasses. He leaned up, and was licked in the face by a big tongue. Klaus scowled, his glasses were shattered, he couldn't see two feet in front of him, and now some large animal was licking him.

Robert laughed. "What do you think?"

Klaus pushed away the animal, and angrily stood. "What do i think! I think that thing, shattered my glasses!"

Robert sighed and picked up the broken glasses. "I can always get you some new glasses, Klaus."

Klaus gumbled under his breath and glanced around for the animal. "What was that thing?"

"A dog. I thought you and the girls would like someone to play with while i was away." Robert shifted his footing, and leaned against the doorway.

What does he mean by that? Klaus frowned.

"Your going away?" Klaus asked, his eyes flashing a look a worry.

"Who's going away?" Violet asked, as she, Nela, Sunny, and Beatrice stood beside Klaus.

Klaus glanced at Robert, who tried to explain, but Klaus cut him off.

"Robert is. Or so I've heard." He glared at Robert, and started to walk inside. But was grabbed before he walked into the door frame.

Robert sighed deeply. "I honestly can't understand your mood swings, Klaus. Why do dislike me so much?"

Klaus shuddered under Roberts touch. He gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Let go of me." He growled.

Robert stared at him. Confusion and sadness lighting his eyes. Then slowly he released his arm.

Violet wide eyed, opened her mouth to say something. But Klaus quickly left before he could hear what she had to say.

He knew it was just going to be more disapproving remarks about his behavior. And that was the last thing he needed to hear.