Bittersweet Chemistry

Mikey: wait so your mom is actually homophobic?

Hailey: Yep, that's why I wouldn't be able to hang out with Cameron if she knew about her sexual orientation.

Mikey: That's stupid! Why can't people just love who they want to love.

Hailey: It makes no sense to me, that's why I just nod along pretending to care.

Michael and I had been texting all through third period. Cameron sat next to me, giggling at the fact that I had been smiling at my phone the whole time. Math always came easily to me, so there was no point in paying attention. I've already taken this class. The administration didn't know where else to put me, since I had finished all of my math credits, and they didn't want me to have a free period right before lunch.

Cameron sat copying my homework from late night, since the teacher would be picking it up before the bell rang. "Okay class finish the practice problems, and then attach them to your homework from last night." Her thick British accent was hard to understand.

Mikey: Call me at lunch?

Hailey: of course;-)

Mikey: ooo I get the winky face now

Hailey: I'll take it away

Mikey: No! Don't do that.

I quickly did the practice problems and handed them to Cameron. She quickly copied and the bell for lunch sounded. We all handed Ms.Colette our papers as we walked out. Cameron linked arms with me as we walked down the hall towards my car.

I unlocked the car and we both got in. I connected my phone to the Bluetooth and called Mikey.

"Hello babe"

"Not your babe" I giggled

"Yea she's mine" Cameron shouted as I started up the car. I sped out of the school parking lot and towards the Coffee shop that was a few blocks from the school.

"Why did you want me to call you?" I asked

"We uploaded our first cover like 10 minutes ago" Michael shouted ecstatically.

"Oh yeah, I got the notification but couldn't find my headphones. I'll watch it after lunch during gym."

"Good, because there is a little surprise for you." I felt him smirk over the phone

"Don't listen to him Hailey, he's being a weirdo" I heard Ashton shouted in the background.

Michael shushed him

"All of you are weirdos" I giggled.

They agreed with me knowing that they couldn't even deny their weirdness. "Okay well, Cameron and I are gonna get lunch. I'll skype you later tonight okay?"

"God your accent is so hot." He moaned

"What?" I giggled

"Shit nothing. Bye!"

The phone went silent, he had hung up. "He is so into you" Cameron smiled.

"He lives thousands of miles away, I highly doubt he likes me in that way." I disagreed with her. Her smile fell as we walked into the coffee shop. I looked around the shop to find the reason for such a sudden reaction. In the corner of the dense shop sat a small girl with bright blue hair and a white complexion.