13. What a Painful Feeling.

~~~~~~~(Ronald pov)~~~~~~~

     I wish I knew what happened that night of our final. (Y/n) never told me, it was always "Let it be" or "nothing happened" bullshit like that. Even that night, when we all went to reap all those souls in the place of our final, she knew something. She knew that the boy she talked to summoned a devil to help him.

     While she did who knows what, I did what I wanted. Work quickly to get the job done with no overtime and go on several group dates. It's not like I was trying to change my relationship status, I was a single man. Many women tried to change that, but there was no way to change this party animal. Occasional dreams of some kind of life with a girl would happen but I usually pushed those thoughts to the side.

     But one day, in November, (Y/n) came back and was staying this time. Might be the new things that were happening. Humans, were occasionally dying, the only thing peculiar were their faces. They were twisted into this petrified stare of something in front of them.

     The cinematic records really did nothing for us to see what had happened. William was starting to send reapers on night patrol for this phenomenon. In fact, the day after (Y/n) got back, we were both called down to his office.

     William got (Y/n) up to speed with this case and then assigned us to try to figure out what was happening. We figure it's an angel, since the victims seem to somehow try to undo their sins but usually fail, leading to their demise.

     As of now, (Y/n) and I were standing on a roof in London, on the lookout for any trouble. Okay I lied, I was lying down on the roof while (Y/n) was sitting, keeping her watchful eyes on the city below us. She changed a lot in the couple of years I've known her. She's really serious and uptight, almost as bad as Mr. Spears-up-his-ass himself.

     "(Y/n), you do know Mr. Spears isn't here, right?" I asked her.

~~~~~~~(Y/n) pov~~~~~~~

     "(Y/n), you do know Mr. Spears isn't here, right?" Ronald suddenly asked me.

     I turned my focus from the streets below to him. "What?"

     He sighed before repeating his question, probably trying to hide his annoyance. He needs to work on patience.

     "Yes, I know he isn't here. Why are you asking such a random question anyway? We are supposed to be working."

     "See! That's just it! You're being so serious about this mission!" He almost shouted.

     "Ronald, we have to be serious. We don't have time for shenanigans like this." I said, turning my attention back to the streets of the city.

     "Oh come on, will you loosen up for once. You're acting like Spears-up-his-ass." Ronald complained.

     "Shut up, I hear something." I told him.

     He shut up for a while, but then I actually heard something. Wings flapping. And these weren't bird wings.

     "Angels. Come on." I muttered, standing up.

     He stood up and I took off, jumping from roof to roof. Training in Germany helped a bit. Then we saw it. Ronald was about to go after him until I pulled him back.

     "We see what happens, then we attack. Moron."

     He huffed but we watched in silence. The angel had a human in his arms. He was trying to purify the human from whatever demons the human had. The human, wasn't strong enough and soon had a petrified look on it's face.