Chapter 7

Jimin was watching the practice videos intently, replaying parts over and over, practicing them, dancing in his mind, to memorize them.
In a while, Sophia comes in with some snacks and Jimin takes a break as he eats. Once done, he gets back to work. He was jotting down points on how to improve, completely engrossed.
He was watching videos on b-buoying since he was not particularly good at it. He just couldn't shift his balance so quickly. He had to get this down for hip hop performances, and he was determined to be the top of the class. Again.

Driving home, Hoseok arrived and exiting the car, walked towards the door. Unlocking it, he was greeted by Jimin's mother, jumping in his arms. "Welcome home honey!" she said, happily, kissing his cheek. He placed a smile on his face, closing the door with his foot, and pecked her nose. "Well that was unexpected." he chuckled, feeling slightly guilty about what he had done in his office moments prior. It was wrong, but felt right. "Is it done?" he asked, referring to the studio. "Yes, Jae left about 10 minutes ago." she smiled. "Why did you decide to do it?" she asked.
"I don't know if I told you this, but I used to be a dancer, and I want to get back in that habit." Hoseok explained, as Jimin's mother's eyes widened. "That's great! Maybe you could help my Jimin with his dance!" she said excitedly. "Umm... yeah... we'll see about that..." he said not wanting to disappoint her by saying no. He was supposed to be giving the boy the cold shoulder.

Jimin heard Hoseok coming in. He stiffened up on the couch but ignored him determinedly. He continued with his work. He was trying to hear what he said but couldn't. He saw more people stream out but couldn't get why they came. He nonchalantly finishes his work and goes back up to his room. He crashes on the bed and starts reading a book.

Seeing Jimin go upstairs to his room, Hoseok told himself not to follow, and headed down to the newly placed Dance Studio. As he entered the room, he felt a slight sense of nostalgia, almost like a deja vu feeling. The setting was a stranger, yet so familiar at once. Closing the door behind him, he walked up to the newly installed mirrors. Running his hand over the glass, he looked at himself. He wasn't the same boy who used to dance 24/7. He was a man now. A grown man with chiseled features. Sure, he was still in shape, but his body didn't feel the same as it had when he would dance. He looked around the rest of the studio. He could confidently say, it was perfect.

On the way to his room, Jimin saw a room down the corridor was being refurbished. After half an hour of reading, he felt like moving about a bit, restless because of just sitting since he came back. There was still time for dinner so he was pretty sure Hoseok must be in his room. He walked out of the room, relieved that Hoseok is not around, he walks around the corridor aimlessly and his eyes fall on the refurbished room. What did the men do? Was it his mother's idea? He felt casually curious about it.
Jimin walks closer and softly opens the door to avoid making any sounds in the corridor, but as soon as it opens, loud music blares and he saw Hoseok. Dancing.

He Kept the door mostly closed as he continued to watch secretly, not wanting him to know that he was watching. Hoseok was not lying that means. He really could dance. Was there always a dance studio here? He watches, entranced.

Hoseok played an old song he remembered dancing to as a younger guy. Boy Meets Evil was it's title. The familiar tune sent shivers up his spine, his body reacting almost immediately. It was as if he had never stopped dancing. Pulling his foot up between his arms, he landed smoothly. His moves seemed fresh, yet familiar. As he bent back, switching from one arm to the other he sang along with the tune. "It's too sweet. It's too sweet. Too bad." He watched himself in the mirror, his face in full concentration. Flipping back, he landed on his knees, moving to the last beat as the song ended. Adrenaline still ran through his body. Why did he ever leave this? It was where he belonged.

 Why did he ever leave this? It was where he belonged