Chapter three

POV: Maya
Lucas wasn't the only person who noticed everything changing. Riley and I stopped talking, my grades got even worse and my mom was working even later hours. The fact that my mom was working later didn't bother me. Neither did my grades. But I've been friends with Riley since we were kids, how could we have stopped talking? She had been so secretive ever since Zay died. I took out my phone and texted Farkle. No response. There was a knock at my door. I opened it and Lucas entered, in a panic.
"Maya! The police- they think I did it. They think I killed Zay. You have to help me, Maya. I didn't do it!" He said.
"Ohmigod, Lucas. It's ok I know you didn't do it. You're a good guy." I told him.
"Get me a lawyer. And come with me to talk to the police with me. Maybe you can convince them I didn't do it, since you were there." Lucas said. I nodded.
"Why would they think it was you who killed Zay?" I asked.
"I think I was framed. I never touched the gun, but they found my fingerprints on it." He explained.
"But if you never touched the gun, how could your fingerprints be on it?" I inquired.
"That's why I think I was framed." Said Lucas.
"But no one has samples of your fingerprints so how could they be on the gun?" I asked.
"Maybe my fingerprints weren't on it at all. Maybe it was an inside job."