Chapter four

POV: Maya
There I stood, at the top of the hill, dressed in black as winter's icy chill nearly froze me to death. Maybe death isn't such a bad thing; I'll be with Zay once again, I thought. I slowly walked to the open casket, and placed a bouquet of flowers on the still and emotionless body. As tears started to roll down my face, Riley grabbed my hand and walked me over to our seats. After 30 minutes of sitting on my ass doing nothing, Zay's funeral started. About 5 people, (including me), gave speeches and by the end I was in absolute tears. Riley gave me a soft, sympathetic hug and tried to comfort me by apologizing for my loss but I cut her off before she could say more than three words.
"Zay was my boyfriend. He was the one boyfriend I never cheated on. Now he's gone. You don't understand how I'm feeling at all so just shut up." I yelled as I ran out of the room as fast as I could. I needed to know who shot him. I needed to know so I could shoot them myself. I was in fear. Fear of losing anyone else I cared about, fear of never knowing who killed Zay, fear that my father would never return home. I wanted the world to go back to the way it was when I was four. I wanted no troubles, no worries, and complete hope. Hope is for suckers though. I sighed & ran home.