Chapter two

POV: Lucas
Everything in the town is slowly changing. The sole morsel left of our once peaceful town is an old restaurant called the Nighthalk Diner, where Maya's mother works. Even Svorski's, an old bakery, has been sold to Riley's mother, and is now called Topanga's. No one wants to admit it, but our town is changing. Even me, a former scholar athlete award winner, sits alone at lunch now, because of Zay's death. Walking into Topanga's and seeing my father standing there with a police officer only made it worse.
"This is Officer Kermit. He says that you're a suspect in Zay's murder?" My father said.
"It's being treated as a homicide. We aren't going to rest until we find the killer however, and we think it's one of your circle of friends." Officer Kermit told me.
"Well what if the killer isn't going to confess?" My father asked, looking at me as if I was the person to kill my best friend.
"Well they've better, because we're examining the body tomorrow and we've already taken a look at the crime scene... And we've found a gun." Officer Kermit announced:
"Did you look at the fingerprints?" Riley's mother, Topanga asked from behind the counter.
"Yes. And they're the fingerprints of... Mr. Lucas Friar." Officer Kermit declared.
"But that's impossible I've never touched a gun." I said.
"Well they're your fingerprints, and it's not easy to set up a murder this well." He said.
"But it's not impossible. I didn't do it sir." I exclaimed.
"The gun has your fingerprints, Lucas. Think about it. Whether or whether not you did it, the evidence is pointing at you. And you were Zay's best friend. When they do the examination of the body, we'll know for sure." My dad said. I crossed my arms, rolled my eyes and left the office.