The end

I saw the cook down below throwing stones at the window. I could hardly believe my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I called "Nice to see you too!" She replied, sarcastically. "I better go down to you" I said, "someone is sure to hear me." I pulled on my dressing down and crept down the creaky wooden stairs. With every step I paused, scanning the corridors to make sure nobody heard me. I pushed open the heavy doors and ran out into the cold night. The pale moon hung over the dark night sky and the chill of the air cleared my head. I leapt into the cooks arms, my eyes shining with joy. She pulled me into a tight hug. "I quit" she beamed. "What?" I asked. "I quit, I no longer work for Edward." "Well, that's great... but where do you live now?" I asked anxiously. "I used up all my savings and bought a friendly cottage in the countryside." "Brilliant!" I exclaimed. It went silent. We stood there shivering in the cold, dark night. The whole world seemed to stop and it was just me and the cook. "W-why did you come in the middle of the night?" I stammered. "Because nobody can know that I'm taking you with me." she said. "Taking me with you?" I asked. "Yes, you do want me to don't you?" she said uncertainly. "Of course!" I exclaimed. And we ran off into the dark endless night.

THE END