20- demon inside

She couldn't open her eyes... why couldn't she open her eyes?

Morgan wanted to shout, to scream but she couldn't move, it was like somebody had put the weight of the world on top of her and she couldn't shove it off.

Was she even at home? Or somewhere else?

Morgan could barely breath, the air harshly collapsing, colour swirling under her closed eyes making her head pound inwards.

Why won't it stop?

Why won't it stop?!

But she was asleep, oh but it wasn't a dream, you can see in your dreams, but her vision impaired, nothing but total darkness.

However not the normal kind of darkness, not the darkness of the night but the darkness at the back of your mind, deep in the heart of your very soul, you see Morgan's very mind was turning against her once more.

When depression and sleep paralysis mix, it's a deadly turn for a young loved child, even if she has grown up with all the help and support she ever needed. For when the depression kicks in, Morgan doesn't want to move, nor even breath but when the sleep paralysis happens not a single motivational thought in the middle of her mind can push the demon holding her hostage in her very bed, the one place, haven itself, the one place you should be able to relax, forget the world as your sleep takes you away to a more sanctified life.

But that becomes to hard to even leave, because when Morgan escapes into her dreams, she dreams of Aaron, her dad and brother, her horses and dog and finally her mum. It becomes too hard for her to leave her deceased mother and actually live in the real world once more. Her mum was her sanctuary, that woman understood her more than anyone else, helped her more than anyone else, so why was it fair that she had taken her own life and let Morgan suffer like this all alone?

Hush little baby don't say a word,
Never mind that voice that you heard,
It's just that beast under your bed,
In your closet,
And in your head.

Oh no.

They're back.

The voices are back.

Morgan has gone into deep sleep paralysis state, deeper than she's gone for a long, long time. She slowly manages to rip her eyes open but her mind traps her to the deepest part of the inside, blocking her from ever escaping. And then it comes, the living nightmare, the man underneath her shadows, the one using all of his force to suffocate her down hostage. His back almost leaning over towards her, his eyes the colour of coal, hooked nose that you'd be able to slice your hand on if you weren't careful, his dark soul black hair slicked back behind him and his skin a pale, coldly white with one scar right underneath his left cheekbone. Morgan doesn't know who he is, but he appears in every single nightmare she's ever had, every single depression episode, in the corner of her eye. Everywhere, he is everywhere.

It's been so very long my darling Morgana.

His voice rips through her head but yet his mouth does not move. He places his hands behind his back and hunches his back, steps over to the edge of her bed and smirks as he looks down at her. His dark eyes pierce through Morgan's very soul.

I bet you've missed me.
Or have you forgotten a single word I've ever said?
For you see my darling, I am your saviour, I am what's keeping you alive, your conscience.
We all have our demons protecting us, I've been keeping you alive, you're far too precious to die my darling.
I've saved your life many time,
But can you even remember my name?

His voice turns to a whisper. Morgan cannot be imagining this, you physically cannot change the loudness of the voices in your head, this thing is really speaking to her.