Xmen: Blake

When I was 13, I found out that my brother, Bobby, was a mutant. He is able to create and control ice. I am his little sister. My name is Blake and when I was 14 and he was sixteen, I found out that I was a mutant, too. I can generate and control fire, the complete opposite of my brother. Both of our mutations suit us. He is sweet and good, I am fiery and unpredictable.

"Blake, its time to go." I heard Bobby's voice and I knew we had to leave home. This year was going to be my first year at a "prep school," and Bobby's third. He went last year and he came back and told our parents that I would love it. He knew that I was a mutant, but our parents didn't.

Bobby and I both got the mutant gene, but our brother, Ronny, didn't. Bobby is the oldest, then Ronny, then me. The first time Bobby came home from school last year, I was at a friend's house, when Ronny and our parents came home and  a big blow up happened beacause Ronny knew about Bobby, but the past is the past.

When Bobby and I got to the school, we were immediately greated by Bobby's friends Marie (Rogue), Kitty (Shadowcat), Peter (Colossus), and John (Pyro).I felt an energy when I was around them. Later, when I was in my room, I figured out that the energy that I felt was John. There was something about John that I could feel, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

We all walked to our classes together. Even though I was two years younger than Bobby, Professor X thought it would be good for me to be with him until I adjust. As we were walking to Government class, I saw that John was walking behind us, so I walked slower so I could talk to him.

"Hey, John."

"What do you want?" He was very stern in his tone as if I was bothering him.

"I wanted to... talk to you." I paused. "I feel like there's this energy around you that I don't understand..."

"Ya, so?" 

"Well, what am I feeling?"

"Your mutation is being able to create and control fire, right?" I nodded. "Well mine is being able to control fire. I can't generate it, but when mutants have sort of... similar mutations, they feel a special energy radiating from each other."

"So just because we have pretty much the same mutation, we can feel each other?" I coldn't get used to the idea, but it wasn't a long shot.

"Ya pretty much. That energy is us being connected. Now that we've crossed paths, we will stay connected." This was getting really too crazy for me.

Just as I was getting used to it, Bobby came back and grabbed me. It scared me at first, but when I saw it was him, I was fine. "What were you doing talking to John?"

I didn't want to tell him about John and me being connected, but there was no way that I could lie to my brother. "Um did you know that he and I have almost the same mutation?" He nodded carefully after hesitating. "I guess because of it, we are kinda... connected." 

He raised his eyebrows in shock. Just as I started to get him to chill, no pun inteaded, John came out of the classroom and Bobby punched him. "Dude! What the hell? That's my little sister!"

As they continued to fight I could hear John talking. "Dude! We're connected. We have the same mutation."

Bobby stopped for a minute. "You're sure that the two of you really are... connected?"

"Possitive. I actualy don't know if it really is because we have the same mutation or something else. I've always heard of mutants being connected, but I always thought it was it was just a bunch of bullshit. But now, I honestly don't know."

Storm walked out of the classroom and told the boys to go sort this out in their room, then told me to go see Professor X in his office. So After John and Bobby left, I went into the Professor's office and he was waiting for me. "Hi, Blake. I thought we could talk about John."

"Oh, um sure. I thought I was in trouble or Bobby was in trouble for starting that fight with John." I was  kind of nervous as to what was going to happen between the two of them. I really didn't want them to not be friends anymore just because John and I were "friends."

"Oh no, not at all. Neither of you are in trouble. But John is... I just don't think that he's good for you." He wore a a serious, but compassionate face.

"I know he's not, but he and I have a connection that I can't explain. We're barely friends, but we have to get to know each other. I know this is going to sound crazy, but we can feel each other's energies."

He looked at me for a second, then responded "Wow. It's been a long time since I've seen mutants that have been connected." I looked at him with a perplexed expression. "Every so often, a couple of mutants are connected. Some stay together for along time, some stay friends, but none have ever split. If John were to do something stupid, he would drag you down with him."

The next day, Professor thought it would be good for me if I moved into a room with some rommates that were my own age so I had some new friends. I think he was just trying to keep a hold on me so John and I wouldn't do something stupid. I got roomed with two guys. Professor X also thought it would be fun for me to have other guy friends. I was seriously like holy shit.

The guys' names were Luke and Seth. Luke could augment and lessen the powers of others and he knows the fate of anyone he ever meets. Seth had the power of invisibility and he was an expert in combat. It was really nice that both of the were new this year too, so I didn't feel awkward. I kinda did when I found out I was going to be romming with two guys, but I got over that when I saw how hot they were. I mean Seth was really hot, but Luke was like male model status. 

All three of us clicked right away. We were already really close friends. And when we got roomed together, three of my six classes got changed so I could have classes with the two of them, but still see Bobby, John, Kitty, Peter, and Rogue. Seth and Luke didn't mind having a girl as a roommate, which was toally great. Maybe there was a friends with benefits situation in my future...