Chapter 4

After lunch, the boys went to their last three classes, thinking about the conversation they had had earlier. Tyler found out a lot about Josh, and they talked about what all of their tattoos meant. At 3:30, when school ended, Tyler went over to Josh's locker.

"Hey, d'you wanna hang out in the library for a little bit? I don't have to be home until 5." Tyler smiled and looked at Josh expectantly.

Josh glanced up nervously. "Is you're mom okay with it? I don't want her hurting you again...."

"Yeah. She won't notice if I'm gone anyway...."

Stop lying to yourself. You'll regret doing this once you get home. Just because you want to kiss this guy again.

Tyler looked away, concentrating on blocking out the negative voice. Josh closed his locker and slung his backpack over his right shoulder.

"You ready?" he asked. They headed toward the library, but with no intention of studying.

{~|-/~} {~|-/~} {~|-/~}

Tyler found a table in the back corner of the room, and him and Josh sat down.

"So, how was your day?" asked Tyler, unsure of what to talk about.

Josh smirked. "I wish I could've talked with you longer." He put his hand on Tyler's thigh, his cheeks turning red.

Tyler laughed nervously. "Me too." He was hoping to spend some quality time with Josh, but when he saw two girls in high heels headed towards them, he froze instantly.

"Look who it is," sang Debby, slowly waltzing to their table. "Sorry to interrupt your make out session, but I just wanted you two to know something." She towered over Tyler and Josh, looking furious. "What happened at lunch today will never happen again. And if you even think about throwing another little temper tantrum, Josh, you'll be real sorry." Her and Jenna turned to leave.

"I'm just surprised your in a library, you don't seem that smart to me," mumbled Josh.

"Excuse me?" Debby turned around, filled with rage.

Jenna took her by the elbow. "Just walk away Deb. Just walk away." They stormed out, and Tyler burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Josh asked. Tyler had to take a moment to compose himself before he could speak.

"That bitch thinks she can fight you." Josh started giggling too, and soon they were both laughing so loud that the librarian had to tell them to quiet down.

"I'd fight her any day for you, Ty."