My Surroundings

"You want to leave me?" His hair hung over his face as he looked down on me, his thigh pressing a bend in my back. I became lightheaded in his hand. "We have to stick together, Jordan! You won't survive without us!" He forced his words out, webbing me in deeply. 

"Jordan is not your toy!" Shulin's voice commanded everyone's attention. Everyone stopped chanting before Shulin, and I instantly locked visions as Lucus pinned me. "She is not a Pup for your manipulation like Freyladon." His words were firmly broadcasted as he stared at me, fueling me with fury. I began to lift Lucus's grip on my neck, my hands latched hard on his wrist as he pushed himself down into my force. It felt invigorating, presenting to us both that I could overpower him. I smiled up at his squinted glare. "She is a killer." I could feel when Shulin's gaze left me, I could feel it dawning on Lucus as if giving me an unspoken command. "And you are not her alpha! His voice grew grander as he assured Lucus. I twisted his arm out of place, and he grunted in pain, throwing his face to the sunny sky. " I am." Shuiln jolted towards us and tore Lucus from me. I rolled to a pushup position on my naked belly. I looked up to see a dressed Freyladon struggling to free herself from the bald man's grip, others hissing at her harshly.

"She's my sister!" She yelled at the man, striking a want to free her within me. It seemed as if he could feel my nano-desire. He let her go before I felt the desire of not wanting him too. She marched towards me like the rain of mirror dust was still behind. Her curls floated back her as the hisses in the air became growls. The riot of vampires became curious, forming a circle in around us. 

"Freyladon?" I questioned as we locked eyes. 

"Bitch! Don't ever hurt My Lucus!" she was furious. She took a comprehensive step to cover the last few steps, and the opposite leg disappeared behind her before flying directly towards me. I fletched downwards to my left shoulder and her bare foot met my temple, light flashing in my right eye on the impact. 

"No!" The three men around us yelled in unison as I faded from the pain. My head found comfort in the dirt, but it filled my nose as I gasped. I was struggling hard to stay conscious. I clawed at the dirt, trying to push the darkness from me. The darkness was relentless. It consumed every ounce of me with a warming slumber. A slumber I hadn't felt in this lifetime, causing me to curl in as if under a blanket. I snuggled into the sheets frivolously, enjoying the silky plushness.

"Freyladon!" I growled as the comfort jolted me awake. I was appalled by my surroundings and the big midnight eyes greeting me.

"Good morning, Princess Jordan." Her eyes closed before she bowed to kneel at the foot of the bed I was in.

"Where is she?" I asked as I stared at her sunny blond head of hair cut just over her shoulders. Her chubby cheeks made her chin look too small for her freckled, round face.

"I am only here to serve your ailments, Princess. I know nothing of Freydon." She stood back up as she spoke. Her expression was calm, but her eyes seemed so excited. 

"Where the hell am I?" I cleared my raspy throat after my question, it made her wait before answering.

"In the castle. King Shulin brought you to the infirmary wing." She stood too still to be a real person, her polished fingers clasped perfectly in front of her skinny legs. She wore a very nice pair of dark orange skinny jeans and a ruffled, short-sleeved, white top. 

"Who are you?" I squinted in her direction, and she took her gaze to her hands. I found comfort in the smell of her living flesh.

"I am Mariyan, Mar for short!" She walked over to me and pulled the curtain back over my railed headboard, letting the sun pour in and blind me. I slightly turned on my side to look back. The limestone walls held a glassless metal window, the hole too small to put a finger in but thin enough to allow full vision of the treetops beyond.