Seyeght (Part 21)

DARTMOOR

They both were now up, crowded around the computer and wracked with worry. The girl had told them everything. The development did not help the sanity of the Young Officer, who had become nauseous and even paler than before the train or London. He refused to leave adamantly, feeling the overbearing need to fix his mistake. The poor girl, only ten, was being put through what few adults could pull through. Not even all of them could. Most of them had not. The only one, who had and was still alive, was trapped in her own mind and had to be treated like a newborn child. No one younger than the age of thirty had even heard of the dangerous privilege of the sIght.

The Relevant One rubbed her face in exasperation and leaned over the laptop, her fingers at the ready.

“Okay, good. Very good. Now you have to listen to us. We will help you however we can. Until we can find something, you have to stay with your family. Do not leave, no matter how hard it is. It is one of the trials, and you have to pass. We will tell you as soon as we have something. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“Everything will be all right. Stay with your family."

“I will. Thank you. Please hurry.” The way the Girl replied, it was like she was a real, helpless child. Not the mature one they had talked to days before. The Young Officer ran into the bathroom, vomiting. The Relevant One sighed once more and replied once more.

“We will. Be safe.”