Chapter Two

"Doesn't matter," I give him a mischief smile.

"She went this way!" I hear his voice. Fuck. I get out of the man's grip and I start to run again. I take a deep breath and go into another alley. I spot ladders on the side of the building, sweet! As I climb the ladder, I feel a sharp pain on the forearm. Fuck! I look down to see a shard of glass and blood seeping through my arm. I ignore the pain and continue to the roof. I pull up the ladder and I see him and his people catch up to me.
"Took ya long enough, bitches!" I call out to them. I'm so going to fucking regret this later. He starts laughing and shaking his head.

"You don't understand, do you?" he asks me as he looks up to me. "This is how it's going to go, either you come down and lose your dignity, but keep your life, or, or you can keep your dignity and lose your life later." I make it look it like I'm thinking about the choice, but then I hold up my fist, letting my middle finger uncurl.

"Guess I'll see you in hell, asshole!" I call out to him. He pulls out a knife and holds it in the air.

"I'm going to make you beg for fucking mercy, T.R!" he threatens.

"Those are just words, I'll believe it when I see it," I smirk. After a while, he and his goons finally leave. Should I go take a shower? Nah, I can last one more day without shit. I look back to my arm and I pull out the glass. "Fuck!" I scream in pain. I continue to make weird grunting noises until I successfully get the shard of glass out. I roll up my sleeve and watch the blood drip down to the surface of the roof. I should probably head down now, I need somewhere to sleep tonight. Those assholes will be looking for me tonight. I get out a black tank top that's too small for me and wrap it around my wound. Next, I unhook the ladder or whatever it's called and climb back down. I adjust my backpack to a more comfortable position and begin my long journey of the night.

The sounds of the city isn't exactly the easiest thing to fall asleep to, plus I have some people looking for me, so I decided I would just walk around for the night. I normally do this, so I have a route I take.

"S'cuse me sir, do you know what time it is?" I ask a random civilian.

"Quarter past seven," he answers.

"Thank you." I flash him a smile. After that, we both go our separate ways. Ugh, okay so I have like thirteen hours to just walk around and try not to get killed. So fun! Maybe I can stay with someone, yeah! I need to look hurt. I got this. Yeah walk into the crowd, with a... with a limp! And some tears in your eye. Thank god I'm covered in bruises! Calm the limp, I don't want to seem fake, I want to seem like I'm trying to hide it. And have a breakdown once someone stops you! Yeah, that always gets them! Who should I bump into? How about her? Well, let's see how this turns out.

"I-I'm sorry," I apologize to a, a man? Damnit! I fucked up! Oh well! Let's see how this will turn out.

"It's okay, are you okay?" I holds out his hand and I gladly take it.
"I'm fine," I reply hiding my face.

"Hey, what happened to your face?" Breakdown in three... two... one... it's now or never. Start slow, end distant, it works everytime. The tears begin to roll down my face. "Hey, it's okay, I can help you," he reassures me. Like hell you will! He leads me down the street to a theater? Okay then? Wait, oh fuck! There's a fucking alley near there! Okay, if he takes a turn near the alleyway, I'll run away, and we're turning the other way, phew! Okay, um, more tears maybe? Act scared of him? Yeah, those will work! He grabs my shoulder and I flinch. "Hey I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," he looks upon me with pity, it's working! I give him a small nod and he leads me inside the theater. Should I ask him? Nah. "Do you want something to drink? Eat?" Jackpot! I give him slight nod indicating I wanted both. Tonight's going to be so good for me, so much food, water, a full night of sleep, maybe I can bring some food with me. I'm lost in thought as he walks out to get me food and water.