Prologue

I feel small, but safe.

Something that hardly ever happens to me. A small confined space is comforting, it's where I can let it all out. It surprises me, that being claustrophobic is an actual thing. I can't ever imagine a thing that keeps me sane, driving someone else insane! It seems cruel to allow another person to suffer, from something another needs to survive from.

I cradled myself in the small corner, in my bedroom, of my closet. Just trying to breath, to survive, to grab a hold onto my new reality. My horrible reality. The losses and challenges I have to deal with now, all alone. I did this to myself...

My breathe hitched, just as the door to my room opened. Heavy footsteps were near, searching around the room. Whatever safety I felt disappeared, only to be replaced with anxiousness. Bricks began to form above my chest and stars impaired my vision. Everything started crashing down, I couldn't do anything but shake. The footsteps stopped, only to open the closet door. A large creak squeaked it's way out of the door, getting my attention. Fear scattered all throughout my body and into my bones, that is until I looked up.

"Amelia?" The tall blue haired male asked. I knew who it was, but refused to move, well I couldn't actually. I was stuck in an unknown position. Like I was paralyzed.. that's it, I was paralyzed.

Yet some how I was able to find my voice. "P-Parker?" Well more like stumble. "Look, I know it's hard, none of us wanted this to happen." He spoke softly as if trying not to scare me off. Which was too late if you ask me.

Parker kneeled down, and sat across from me. His blue hair mocked me, I mean he's a natural blonde. People would kill to be that. Yet here he was with his mocking blue hair, and his nerdy black frames, which bring out his gorgeous blue eyes. Jealous stained me at the time.

The room was now silent, and a calmer presence washed over us. "Amelia, we've know each other for quite a while. I promise to be there for you, no matter what as long as I'm you're best friend. We'll get through this together." At that I smiled, but as soon as I did, guilt leaked in. I can't blame anyone.. I did this to myself. I took a deep, long breath and looked up to him. Opening my mouth to speak, I just told him something he needed to understand.

"Someday you'll learn that, anyone can shatter" I muttered to Parker.

Author's note
This is just a sample of the story, it'll be much longer. Hopefully you enjoyed! ^-^