Chapter. 11~ Don't Shut Me Out...

~AVA'S P.O.V~

It's a good day. We're alive. Except I don't feel all that good. As I slept the night before I kept dreaming about....Klaus. What makes it worse is that the dream feels so real that I can actually picture him and I going at it in the woods that surrounded the boarding house.

"Ava?" I look up from my breakfast. "Yes?" Stefan had stood behind me with his lips brushing against my ear. "I have been talking to you for the last ten minutes and you've ignored me."

"I'm sorry I just have a lot on my mind...about the party." I turn and go to kiss him but my mind flashes to kissing Klaus. I turn my face and put my half cold breakfast in the trash. "Ava, you're lying. Tell me what's wrong."

When I figure out what's wrong then maybe I'll tell him.

"Nothing, really." I walk out if the kitchen and see Damon coming in with a big mud caked shovel. "Where have you been?" Stefan asked behind me. "Just out giving you two love birds a chance to make up. But from the sight of how wild fire is still on her feet and not on her back I take that you two are still on the outs."

"You rude son of a bi-" Stefan steps in front of me. "Damon don't start. Now define out." Damon smirks as he takes off his jacket. "One who hovers and sticks his nose in other peoples business. Oh. I'm sorry I was defining annoying." I look down at Damon's shoes and see mud on them.

"You buried Katherine's body, didn't you?"

"Two points to the other little snoop. Katherine's rotting corpse was stinking up the house. I got rid of it."

I cringe hearing him talk about her like that. "Could be a bit of a problem." Stefan said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I see Klaus kissing my shoulder. I jerk away and pretend I tie my shoe. "Oh and why is that little brother?"

"Because I'm here for Katherine's body." Nadia's voice hits my ears and I look over at her. "You're out of luck. You ain't getting it." Damon walks off but Nadia stands in front of him.

"My mother asked to be buried with her family in Bulgaria." She tells him. He side steps her and goes pour himself a drink.

It's not even eight o'clock and he's drinking.

"And nothing gives me greater joy than to deny her dying wish."

"Damon, who cares? Katherine's dead. Just give her the damn body." Damon scoff. "Bitch ruined our lives. Nadia's known her, what 5 minutes?" He goes to drink but Nadia grabs him by the throat. "Tell me where she is." she hisses.

He shakes her off and pins her to a wall. "The nicest thing that Katherine Pierce will ever do is feeding the maggots that feast on her flesh. Give it up. You're not getting her back." He moves away from her and he looks right at me. I take a deep breathe and walk out of the house.

I don't want to be in there. I just can't. I feel someone grab me. "Get off of me!" I look up and see Stefan. "Come on. Lets go and just have a moment to ourselves for the day."

"Look I-"

"Please?" He gives me a little pout and I sigh. "Stop that. I invented that." I say with a small smile. "So does that mean I get to spend the day with my girlfriend?"

"I guess so. But be warned Stefan Salvatore, you're going to need to work hard to get a nice date later this week." He steps up close to me. "How about I give you a kiss. Will that help me not have to work so hard?" He leans down but I place my hand on his chest. "Nope, now lets go." I walk off knowing I'm hurting him but I can't help it. I just feel so strange now.

"Ava, this in random but, have you heard from Elena?" He asks as he walks beside me. "No, which is strange. She usually would have flipped knowing I'm ditching school today. Le me call her. Maybe she can convince Damon to give Nadia, Katherine's body back."