Chapter 7

Mark woke up, still keeping his eyes closed, and rolled over into something hard. He assumed it was his pillow, and hugged it closely, when he realized the pillow was breathing.

His eyes shot open as he realized he was clutching Jackson in his arms. Sitting up abruptly, he glanced around the room as he tried to remember what happened. Last night's events flooded into his mind, and he peeked over at Yugyeom and Bambam cuddling each other, Bambam tucked tightly into Yugyeom's embrace.

Mark was suddenly pulled back down onto the sofa as Jackson's arms came around him.

"Five more minutes, mom," the brunette muttered. Mark held his breath as Jackson pulled him closer. A moment of silence passed before Mark tentatively poked Jackson's bicep.

"Jackson?"

"Mmmh?"

"Can you let go of me? We need to wake the other two up and get ready for school?" Jackson slowly opened his eyes and let out a girly yelp when he saw Mark next to him.

"OMG why are you so close to me?!"

"Um, you were the one the pulled me closer to you," Mark deadpanned. Jackson blushed.

"Really? Well, um, sorry then." the brunette scratched his head shyly. Both boys turned to look at the still sleeping Yugyeom and Bambam.

An evil thought entered both of their minds at the same time.

5 minutes later...

"1......2......3!!" Yugyeom and Bambam jumped up screaming as Mark and Jackson poured freezing water over their faces.

Mark and Jackson fell down laughing as the other two looked around wildly. When they realized what had happened, their mouths dropped open in disbelief.

"Did you just....?" questioned Bambam.

Mark just smiled innocently while Jackson was still rolling around with laughter.

"MARK YOU'RE SO DEAD!" screamed Yugyeom as him and Bambam started smacking the other two with giant pillows.

After their pillow fight, the four boys got dressed and prepared for school. Before leaving the house, they practiced their performance one last time, before fist bumping each other and racing to school.

All four of them could barely sit through their other classes, excited for music.

They were going to show Connor what they could really do. So what if Connor stole their dance? They could still perform better than him even if they only had a day to rehearse.

Music class rolled by and the four shuffled to the front of the class. Nodding to Mr. Sperling for the music, they got into their respective positions as they waited for Back to come on.

Can you save me? Can you save me....

The boys had practiced their singing in order to be able to perform the vocal lines. Each boy's voice was unique, emotional, and utterly breathtaking. A few of the girls in the class shed tears when Yugyeom started singing.

And then the beat dropped. The four boys started dancing to the hard (carry:D) choreography that could only belong to Infinite. The flawless performance left the entire class speechless, entranced by their synchronization and rhythm.

As soon as the chorus of Back was over, Danger came on. Mark and Jackson rapped their hearts out, pouring anger and frustration into the lyrics. Their dance was absolutely perfect and, to be honest, was probably their best performance yet.

When it was over, the four stood, sweating, panting, but with big smiles on their faces.

The whole room was silent, and the boys' faces fell as they thought no one had like it.

And then everyone burst into applause. Perhaps the loudest of them all was Mr. Sperling, his eyes twinkling.

"I think everyone knows who our winner is, correct?"

"MARK, JACKSON, BAMBAM, YUGYEOM!" the entire class, minus Connor and his friends, starting chanting the four boys' names.

"Well, boys, it seems that you will be representing our school to the outside world at the festival next week! Congratulations, and continue to work hard!" came Mr. Sperling's encouraging praise.

When the bell rang, they ran outside, racing each other to the park, spending all their leftover energy.

The four whooped and yelled in happiness, celebrating the satisfactory victory over Connor and acknowledging the overwhelming feeling of being welcomed by the rest of the school.

Mark 1:0