Prelude: The Signs

Welcome To Rescue Me. This will be a Drinny fic. And it won't be all fun and games.

This fic is rated M for Mature for many reasons. One of the main reasons is that it contains domestic violence. If this is a trigger for you and you want to stop reading, I won't fault you. You've been warned.

People, both men and women, go through domestic violence on the daily. It's a horrible thing to witness and even worse to go through. If someone you know is going through it, please find a way to help them. Call the proper authorities, speak to their family, house them. If you are going through it yourself PLEASE GET OUT. No one deserves to be beat on by the one that they love.

This story also contains heavy language and adult situations.

And I mean it please leave before it's too late. Yes you who is reading this and thinking that maybe you should. You deserve much better. Get out.

This story will switch between Ginny's and Draco's POVs

I own none of the wonderful world of Harry Potter. Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2021: JUST SO YALL KNOW, ALL OF THE STORIES POSTED ON HERE WERE WRITTEN BEFORE SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED CAME OUT TO BE A TERF AND DISAPPOINTED US ALL, SO MY VIEWS AND STANNING OF HER HAS VERY MUCH CHANGED. PLEASE DISREGARD ALL PRAISES I GIVE HER IN MY INTROS. THANK YOU!!

"My mind is gone, I'm spinning round.

And deep inside, my tears I'll drown.

I'm losing grip, what's happening?

I stray from love, this is how I feel."

-Cry by Rihanna

June 1998

No one rejoiced the day that I, Ginevra Weasley, and Harry Potter got back together after the Battle At Hogwarts more than Mum. I guess with the loss of Fred, she felt like she was gaining another son by me agreeing to mend things with Harry.

I remember as if it was yesterday. It was about a month after Fred's funeral. Ron and Hermione were so deep in love it was sickening. Beautiful, but sickening nonetheless. They would find any excuse to go somewhere to steal a snog in or just to be together. It used to be fun to me, Harry, and George trying to spy on the two of them (Ron had eventually dubbed us The Cockblock Crew) and it was even better when we were caught which was always. Hermione had some fine tune hearing.

But one day Harry and I had went and spied on our own and ended up getting turned on and started snogging ourselves. That's not the story we told Mum however. But she rejoiced and was so proud. She more than likely started planning out our wedding and kids.

I remember when I went back to school with Hermione and Ron. Mum and Hermione insisted Ron finish his schooling, but Harry had decided he would go into Auror training instead. I remember waving at him as the train pulled away and feeling as though I had left my heart behind.

I remember being somewhat incomplete during my 7th year. I didn't have Harry, Hermione and Ron were in their own lovely bubble, my poor friend Colin had died, and my two favorite boys, Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy, didn't come back.

Yes, my two favorite boys were the kings of Slytherin. It had been like that since my 2nd year. After the mess with the diary and Tom Riddle, I had found myself with nobody to talk to. My family acted like they were either scared of me, or that I would break. On the way to Hogwarts at the start of my second year, Blaise and Draco had ran into me. Instead of teasing me like I expected, they both sat and actually talked to me as if I was a person and not a time bomb. We kept our friendship a secret for the next two years.