Epilogue: Part 2

The next day, despite any protests brought forth by Remus, Sirius and Carina set out to track down Peter. They were angry, perhaps angrier than they'd ever been before. They tromped out to where they thought their little friend would be and followed him from there. He led them all the way out into a busy street, packed with muggles.

As Sirius and Carina hurried after him, they had no idea that he'd known they were following him. He kept glancing around nervously, as if he was checking to see if anyone was there, when in reality he'd been acting. Sirius and Carina had no idea he was such a good actor, or that he was good at anything at all. Finally, Peter stopped on the corner of the street. Sirius and Carina made their move.

"Peter Pittigrew," Sirius seethed. He had his wand out, ready to fire.

"It was you all along. You planned this. IT'S YOUR FAULT THEY'RE GONE," Carina grimaced at the memory of the broken house. Peter stopped in his tracks, appearing to be thinking.

Finally he said as loud as he could, "How could you! They were your friends! How could you betray them, Sirius?" Then, he pulled out his wand.

"Carina, get back, NOW!" Sirius shouted, shoving Carina back into a nearby bush. Sirius's instincts were right, since what followed was not a pretty sight.

Peter casted a spell that wiped out the whole street. Twelve muggles were dead, Carina was knocked out, and Sirius had only had time to get himself out of the way. Oh, and Peter had disappeared. All Sirius could see was destruction and Peter's finger that he'd cut off. He glanced down just in time to see a rat scuttling off into the distance.

Then, Sirius ran. He ran and ran until he couldn't run anymore. He had to get as far away from that place as possible. If Carina was knocked out, it would look like she hadn't been involved in the attack. Sirius knew what it looked like, and when the ministry got there, they would think this was his fault. He did blame himself, in a way.

Meanwhile, Carina found herself in a hospital bed a day later. She shot up out of the bed and walked over to the door. She tried to open it, but it was locked. She reached into her back pocket instinctively.

"My wand," she thought. It was missing. She started banging on the door in frustration. Suddenly, the door swung open and a familiar looking-witch stepped in. It was a Doctor Morris.

"It's been a while, Carina," Doctor Morris smiled. Somehow, her smile seemed empty.

"Doctor Morris," Carina replied, surprised.

"I heard you banging on the door," Doctor Morris began.

"Yeah. It was locked. Where's my wand?" Carina snapped. She didn't like being so irritable toward her old friend, but she could sense that something was different about her.

"Did you really expect to get your wand back so quickly after what happened?" the doctor asked coldly.

"Yeah. Pittigrew blew up the whole street. I got knocked against that tree and knocked myself out. What does that have anything to do with getting my wand back?" Carina asked, angrily.

"Foolish woman. You expect us to believe such lies?" Doctor Morris asked, sadly.

"Lies? You think I'm lying? Ask Sirius, he'll back me up!"

"He's been arrested and sent to Azkaban. As will you. Guards!" Suddenly the door burst open and five guards grabbed her and whisked her away.

"What? What did I do?" Carina wailed, thrashing and squirming in the guards' hands.

"You're charged with killing twelve muggles and your friend, Peter Pittigrew. You have only a nine year sentence to Azkaban, since you didn't seem to have actually gotten the chance to do anything, but it was your intention. Your brother, on the other hand, is sentenced for life," the guard explained, solemnly.

Now Carina understood. She knew what it looked like, and there was no way she could worm her way out of this one.

The guards took her to Azkaban, where she immediately felt a strong sense of despair and gloominess. She settled in for a long, treacherous nine years in Azkaban.

Author note:

It's over! If you guys want, I can make a sequel. It will include Harry too. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but I have a pretty good idea. Thank you for reading, friends.

Special thanks to:

caitlynjones77 lunaweasley3 starwarslover_07 hannah_hemmant Griffindores roxie_firecracker and anyone else who I forgot to mention. Go read their stories too!

Bye for now.