Chapter 3: Asymmetrical Deal

Hooray! I'm about ready to start another chapter! Hope you guys are enjoying it so far!

***************************************************************************************

Kid's POV:

It didn't take long for Maka to fall asleep. I held her hand and stared at her face the whole time. A few minutes later, Spirit and Father came in the infirmary. I instinctively let go of Maka's hand and got off the hospital bed.

"Father. Spirit,"

"Heyyo Kid! How is Maka? She looks peaceful," Father said in a cheeky tone. I nervously smiled at Spirit, as he stared into my soul.

"Y-Yeah. She's really tired, after what happened," I said shyly, looking down in shame. I had already told them what had happened in our mission. Spirit was able to tolerate what happened, but I could tell he was a little disappointed with me. Father placed his oversized hand on my shoulder.

"Don't stress about it Kid. We'll get Soul back," He consoled. I really hope he was right. Looking at Maka left a painful feeling in my heart. She really cares about Soul and without him, she's out of character, almost powerless.

"It's getting late. Why don't you go home?" Spirit suggested.

"R-Right. Good night Spirit, Father," I said, before going out. "Good night Maka," I said mentally. I summoned Beezledub and flew back home. When I opened the door, Liz and Patty were already on the couch getting ready for bed. When they realized I was home, they ran over to me.

"Kid! You're finally back!" They squealed, blocking my airway with their asymmetrical breasts. I lightly hugged them both and sighed,

"You guys should go to bed. It's already late,"

"No no no. You have to tell us what happened," Liz snapped with a sly grin.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Patty then nudged my arm and had a sheepish grin.

"With you and Maka of course!" She said. My cheeks turned pink.

"N-Nothing really. We just talked," I muttered. Liz and Patty giggled and walked away.

"Alright.....just a normal conversation," Liz said with quotation marks. I rolled my eyes and went up to my room. I grinned because everything from my bedstand to my books was symmetrically organized. I went over to my closet and quickly dressed in my black and white striped pajamas and white long sleeved button down shirt.

When I laid down on my soft king sized bed, I pondered about Maka. I didn't know why exactly. I just pictured her beautiful smile and bright green eyes. The way she took everything seriously and how embarrassed she would get every time I teased her.

Then I thought about yesterday with the Kishin. She was heartbroken and tried to take out her emotions of anger. I had to get Soul back for her. Why does this all matter now? Why am I bothered with what Maka is feeling? What is this feeling I'm feeling towards her? Is it love?

Maka's POV:

Right when the sun rose, I immediately changed into my school clothes and put my hair in ponytails. Today is going to be a new day. When Papa and Lord Death find out where you are Soul, I'm going to get you back, I promise you that.

"Thank you for letting me stay here for the night," I bowed at the nurse.

"You're welcome. Have a great day," She said kindly. I nodded and walked out of the infirmary. Everyone filled the hallways. I even spotted Ox's team.

"Morning Maka!" I turned towards the direction of the voice and wasn't surprised.

"Black⭐️Star, Tsubaki!" I said cheerfully.