Poolside

It was a warm June afternoon. So I walked to the pool. A lady next door told me to be wary of you and your friends causing trouble down at the poolside. But I went anyways.

I came inside the gate and took a seat. After sometime of watching you guys flail around like idots and smoke on chairs inside the pool I heard something.

"What the hell are you doing?" One of your friends I hadn't met asked as you stood from your chair.

"I'm going over here." And with that you came over and took the chair next to me.

We sat in silence for a few moments then you spoke. We talked here and there, some of your friends came over and we laughed and I listened, silently but happily. Your smile was contagious and your tan quite attractive if I must say so.

"You want to walk home? You could come over for pizza at my house to if you wanted?" You ask me as we pack up our things.

"I can't stay for pizza but I'll walk home with you." I reply knowing my mother would kill me.

And I will admit I regret not going to eat with you that night. Probably my biggest regret of that year. It would've changed everything. Or so I believe. But at the same time things took their own course.

So we walked down the street in small talk and comfortable silence. Then we stopped at my driveway.

"Thanks for walking with me. See you later." You said before I gave a little wave and you walked away.

I stood there for a moment. Just watching you go. Knowing that something was different now.

And that was our second meeting.