||Mae Park|| Chapter 11

When Mae starts dreaming, she's expecting another one of Alex's nightmares, but when she sees that it's just the two of them, she can't help the feeling of excitement that bubbles up.

           She sneaks up on him and wraps him up in a hug, one thing that feels right in a mess of wrong. It's just like having a piece of home with her. He jumps when her arms wrap around his stomach.

           "Mae." He spins around to face her, his eyes narrowed like he doesn't quite believe he's dream walking.

           "Alex!" she's so happy to be seeing him. "You're dream walking!" She exclaims, throwing him a thousand watt smile. Alex takes a look around.

           "I am, I guess. Luck of the draw, because I don't know how to do it willingly." He frowns. "The last time, you were so distressed. What's different about this time?" Does he not know that he was having a nightmare?

           Mae lets go of him and waves her arm around. "The fact that this is my dream. And not your nightmare."

           "What do you mean? I dream walked a little while ago. You were there!" Mae laughs at this. That definitely wasn't dream walking, not unless she's able to have out of body experiences, and last time she checked, she couldn't do that.

           "Alex, just because I'm there, doesn't mean that you're dream walking. You were having a nightmare that night. If you haven't noticed, your nightmares are changing. I think it has to do with whoever is taking all the Dream Catchers. They're getting stronger." He has to understand that it's crucial to find all of them. That this person will continue to get stronger the more time passes.

           "Just tell me wherever you are, that you're okay." He goes to hug her. While it felt nice the first time, she's going to be waking up soon. She has to get her message across before that happens. Alex looks so emotionally drained at this point. His last nightmare was horrible to witness.

           "I'm okay, for now. Alex, you have to stay focused." She steps out of the way of his embrace. "Tell my parents that there's others, that it's bigger than just me." She hates being so detached towards him.

           "Okay, I will." Alex says, seeming hurt over the fact that she didn't let him hug her again. He's pouting slightly, probably doesn't even notice that he's doing it. She's right though, there's more important things.

           "Listen, I'm close to waking up. I understand that you have no control over this, so I don't know when the next time we talk will be. Tell my parents I love them, and to stay strong." She punches him on the shoulder lightly, looking up at him with determination. "You especially. You're a big part of getting me back." That's the last thing she says to him before she wakes up.

***

           To say that Mae is proud of Alex for Dream Walking, would be an understatement. It was almost a gift to see his face, and as much as she just wanted to talk about nothing and everything like they did before she was taken, she had to stay focused. Melany was taken not even a day after she got here. None of the other girls have disappeared yet, thank God. But that doesn't mean that it won't happen again. Assume the worst, and maybe, maybe, you'll end up one step ahead of your enemy.

           The lights are on once again, the sole reason she woke up. When the lights go on, it allows the five of them to assess their surroundings better. This person, needless to say is thorough. Like 'A' from Pretty Little Liars, that's how the five of them have started referring to their kidnapper.