13- Accepted?

"A-appa- I can explain-"

"This is betraying God. How can you do this?! This is a sin!!" Appa grabbed my shoulders and stared at me intently with anger.

"Y-you're hurting me."

"This is not normal! I thought you were normal!"

"I-I am normal."

"This is not normal! This is a sin! This is so disgusting! I didn't raise you to be like this! That girl changed you!"

"I-I love her... I love her so much... she's amazing." I squeaked out and when I looked into his eyes, they softened.

"For how long..." He let go of my shoulders.

"Today is our anniversary. Our first year.." I whispered and he raked his hand through his greyish brown hair.

"No wonder... this year your actions screamed 'I'm in love!' I thought that you had a crush, but never thought it would be with a girl..." My father explained.

"You were so boy crazy! You had such a huge crush on Dennis Oh!"

"Are you mad at me? Do you want me to break up with her?" I slowly questioned him and I was relieved when he shook his head in denial.

My father stared at me and I noticed the eyes of my father. The caring and sweet eyes. He's not mad. I know it.

"I'm just shocked. I can see that you are very happy with her and I don't want to ruin that. I just need time to accept it. That's all. So what class is she in with you?" My father wanted to go deeper.

"Um... she's kinda working?" I smiled carefully and he suddenly looked mad.

"TIFFANY HWANG. Are you dating someone who dropped out of school?!" My father was about to grab my shoulders again but I explained fast.

"SHE'S 5 YEARS OLDER THAN ME!" I quickly explained. He rubbed the back of his neck and heaved out a heavy sigh.

"Then where did you guys meet?"

"At the camp I volunteered at. She was a staff and my partner." I smiled, recalling the happy times we had in the camp.

"I want you to be happy... going against God... this is unbelievable." My father murmured but I can hear everything.

"I'm sorry if I dissapointed you..."  I frowned and he shook his head.

"Never. It's just a shock that's all.. I was furious when I saw you kiss her through the window. But, once I meet her and accept her, then I will support you. Alright?"

"Thank you Appa! I love you!" I gave him a big bear hug and smiled into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry about calling you disgusting and not normal. It's just a really big shock. Please, forgive me?" He brought his palm up to me back and started to rub my back.

"It's ok.. don't worry." I gave him my best eyesmile.

"I just hope you're a virgin! Alright?" My father started to laugh and I felt my heart stop.

"Yea-yeah hahaha..." I laughed along with him.

"I need to meet her and her parents alright?" Appa let go of me. He stared at me seriously and I nodded in confirmation.

"Her mother is in the hospital so I think you would have to meet up with her father instead."

"Oh what's her condition?"

"Terminal cancer."

"Oh my gosh..."

---