Chapter 1

I threw on my over sized sweatshirt and slipped my shoes on. Grabbing my phone I ran downstairs.

"Bye moms." I said as I grabbed my bag.

"Goodbye." Lena said from the kitchen. Steph was walking down the stairs.

"Bye, sweets." She smiles and walks toward the kitchen. I walk outside and close the door behind me. I run to the car and open the backseat. I throw my bag in the back and get into the passenger seat.

"Hi." I breathe and lean in to plant a kiss on Harry's lips.

"Hi Love." He starts to backup.

"I got no sleep." I say reclining the seat back.

"I'm sorry." His hand finds his way over and rubs my thigh. I close my eyes and begin to drift asleep. I must have slept the whole car ride there cause I got woken up to Harry poking me to wake up.

I open my eyes to see Harry hanging over the middle consul. His paper plane and cross necklace charms were dangling outside of his shirt. I looked over at him. I smile and put my seat back up.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod my head and we both get out of the car and grab our bags. He locked the car and grabbed hold of my hand playing with the ring on my right hand he gave me. We walked inside and headed straight to my locker. My friend, Elizabeth, was standing at my locker waiting for me.

"Brooklyn!" She runs over to me causing me to let go of Harry's hand. Her arms wrapped around me. "Hi Harry." She smiles.

"So basically. That party. The one Saturday at Jordan's, the one everyone is going to. We're going. As in find something cute to wear!" She laughs and keeps rambling on about the party. I reach into my locker to grab my book and my sleeve slides up a little, showing my freshly cut wrists. I quickly yank my sleeve down. Which was a rather stupid idea, causing more of a scene. Elizabeth stops mid sentence. I look at Harry who has a face filled with anger and sadness. Harry looks at me in the eyes and bites his top lip as if he were about to cry. With that he walks away.

"Harry." I say as he disappears into the hallway. I look at Elizabeth, who is lost for words. I sigh and close my locker.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks looking at me as I pick at my nail polish.

"Would you excuse me." She nods her head and I walk away. Elizabeth and I didn't have any classes together other than lunch. I headed to first period. I sat down in my seat and sunk down into the chair.

-----------------------

The bell finally rang for lunch. I grabbed my backpack and walked slowly to the cafeteria. I had lunch with both Elizabeth and Harry. I knew Elizabeth wouldn't ignore me or argue you with me. We've been friends since we were 3. Our parents grew up together so our families are very close. I walk into the lunch room and walk over to our regular table.

"Hey B." Elizabeth says as I sit down.

"Hi, have you, you seen Harry?" I ask looking around a little lost for words.

"No, sorry." She takes a sip of her water. "Text him." I take my phone out and text him asking him where he is. I pulled out my lunch bag and took a bite out of my apple. "He's just worried. Trying to take it all in. We thought you were doing better, did something happen?" I look at Elizabeth as if she said something stupid.

"I was doing better. Key word, was. I feel like I'm letting everyone down." I take another bite of my apple. I swallow my piece before continuing. "My grades are dropping, and I'm really trying. I'm always lashing out at my moms, it's not fair cause they both work so hard. My brother Matt doesn't trust me anymore. He's taken all the razors and stuff out of the bathroom." I take a deep breathe. "It's just all so stressful." Elizabeth smiled at me to make me feel better.