Run! Chapter II

After running for 5 minutes straight, my lungs burned, my body in need of oxygen. We finally stopped sprinting in front of a water fountain. I drank generously. I stepped back and faced Mr. Bow Tie.

"What on earth was that thing, and why did we run away from it. You seem to know. And what's with the blue box, and the sonic-gizmo?" I asked in between breaths. Those were only a fractions of the questions I actually wanted to ask him. Why is that robot here? How did it get here? Who are you people? The questions were pouring through my mind.

"Three things." He said. "One: my name is The Doctor, not Mr. Bow tie. Two: that was a Cyberman, an android with a metal body and a human brain. And Three: it's a Sonic Screwdriver!" He explained quickly.

"And y'all?" I asked, gesturing to the couple,

"They're my, uh, companions!" Amy and Rory. Both very clever." He said, "And who might you be?"

"Emma. Emma Madden." I said, trying to sound confident.

"Well Emma Emma Madden, if you'll just run along and forget that we ever had this encounter-"

"Wait just one second, I don't think you're telling me everything, are you? You know all about that "Cyberman", which seemed to chase YOU specifically, meaning that it recognizes you somehow, a mysterious blue box that can somehow fit all three of y'all in it, that as far as I know, wasn't near here before, and so called "Sonic-Screwdriver" that can open locks and scan people, which doesn't sound human to me at all!" I said. "Also," I continued, "You don't have an actual name, just "The Doctor", which sounds like you're trying to hide something.

"So, weird teleporting box thing, a "sonic screw driver" and a metal-android- thing that knows you. So, I deduce that you're not from around here, or anywhere on this planet." I finished, feeling smart.

"Wait," I added, just realizing what I just said. I looked back up at the trio in awe, "Y'all are from another planet?" I asked, taking a few steps back.

"Yep! He said, popping the P. "Well, just me."

"Oh my gosh! B-but you look so human! And you're f-from space! And that cyber thing is also an alien! And you're on earth, and you h-have a blue box, which must be your spaceship!" I rambled, completely shocked.

But I was cut off by a cold, metal voice saying "DELETE. DELETE. DELETE."

I felt someone grip my hand. I looked up and saw the doctor yelling at me to run.

"To the TARDIS!" He shouted to Amy and Rory.

We busted out the doors and onto the street. I ignored the strange looks people gave us as we traveled down the sidewalk. We stopped in front of the "POLICE BOX" and sprinted inside. I tripped over something and fell to the floor. I slowly sat up and took in my surroundings. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

I wasn't.

"W-w-what is thi- is this r-real?" I stuttered. But it can't be!