Chapter 33

YOUR POV

When they say the night is going to be a long night, they are not lying. Tonight is freakingly LONG night. I know that the shadows can be smart sometimes as time passed by, but not this smart. They picked up a scent from them or they are just targeting based on stupidity. Just now, half an hour we stand guard, a weak shadow came to me. I can easily defeat it. 10 minutes later, another shadow came. It was a bit powerful than before. We had trouble. Now, all of us are fighting quite a strong one.

"These things even sleep?" I groan while whispered it silently.

"Apprently they not. Careful (l/n)! Behind you!" Mitsuru senpai replied while giving me a warning. In a split second I turned and slashed a shadow that tried to jumpscare me.

"How did all of them even managed to escape tartarus?" Junpei asked.

"Someone who's being a smartass is letting them out." Yukari whinned. I snorted a little.

"Tell me about it."

"Well, we need to contained them or else." I said. Suddenly, a shadow startled me, causing me to fall on my feet.

"(Y/N)!" They yelled in unison. The shadow was about to pounce me but a slash came and the shadow was gone.

"Maka don't. It's too dangerous!" I said. She pulled me up.

"Our field of experties is also on destroying shaodws. We are used too. We can help." Liz said, in her weapon form.

"It's okay (y/n). We can also help. It looks like you guys need extra hand." Kid said. I smiled weakly.

"But you guys are guest." I said. Just then, a shadow came. In an instant, tsubaki attack it.

"The god has ascended! Kneel pigs!" He said to the shadow he destroyed.

"Blackstar is...hyper today huh?" I said while stiffled a laugh. Kid nodded and laughed a little also.

"He is a bit hyper than he used to." He said.

"THE GREAT ASSASIN HAS DESCEND! Tsubaki! Ninja form!" He instructed and tsubaki changed from a sword to a ninja weapon. They fought the shadow.

"Yahoo! It's done!" Liz said while transforming herself to the human form. Thanks to DWMA members, the shadow that was escaped are being managed triple fast. They did found some souls for each of them.

"Phew. I'm full, even though there aren't many souls." Liz said. I smiled. I look at my watch.

"Come on. You guys need some sleep. The dark hour is almost finished. I'll send you guys back after our energy is restored." I said and yawn while strech. The rest of the team did what I did also. We didn't really have enough sleep to be honest.

The very next morning, I woke up and got dressed as usual. When I went down, the thompsons are already awake. They saw me and smiled.

"You're surprisingly early today." I said to them. They giggled.

"We are used to that. Kid will woke in a few minutes after. Maka and soul are already awake, but they are in their own respective rooms." Liz said. Just then, a figure came from the door. All three of eyes went to the door.

"Ouh, I'm sorry. I was taking a fresh air. I thought everyone is not yet awake."

"It's okay shokora. It's not a problem." I smiled. She smiled back. A black cat stand beside her. I smiled at the cat also.

"And good morning kakao. I expect you'd be beside her, like always." I said. Just then, my phone rings, I toom it out and look at the caller ID. A small smile crept up on my face. The green caller is being pressed and I put the phone near my ear.

"Yes?"

"Ouch, for a girl to said that to me. But then again, You're not a girl."

"Ha-ha funny karma-kun. What is it?"

"I saw your house is full of 'relatives', I want to come over. Introducing myself to your family." He answered. I can see his smirk even though we are on the phone right now. My face went red.

"Urgh please not you. I'm sending them to their homes. Don't follow." I said and hung up. Suddenly a knock on the door is heard. I went to the door and opens it only to reveal a smirking karma. He instantly hugged me. The party looked at both of us and plastered an evil smile.

"I miss you."

"W-what? Karma! Let me go!" I said and pushed him off me. He laughed and knocked my head a little. I pout.

"I am not a kid okay." I said while rubbing my head. He knocked it pretty hard.

"We meet again karma-kun." Shokora said. He shift his gaze to shokora.

"Yes. We met again." He said and glared her. Shokora just smiled.

"(Y/n) who is this guy?" Liz asked me. I looked at her.

"This ...is akabane karma. Generally, he is a jerk. Secretly, an asassin and a very handsome prince on the inside...." I introduced. He smiled and wrapped me in his arms.

"Also an addition, her boyfriend." He said. The cooed me and teased me more. Great job karma.

"So (y/n), are you sending them?"

"I'll send shokora first. Then I'll come back and send you guys. I want to meet lord death." I said. They nodded and said it can be arranged. After all of them woke up, and also introducing karma, we head off to Death city, that is, with karma beside me. He insisted you know. After a while, we reached to death city at last. Upon reaching the main gate of death city, I stood in awe. It was beautiful.

"Come on. Let's go to dwma." Kid said and all of us walked towards DWMA. It'slocated at the centre of death city itself. 30 minutes walking we managed to reached the base of the stairs. Karma eyes went wide.

"You guys have to climb this?" He asked them. I nodded on their behalf.

"Meh, we had the same situation." He said. All eyes went to me back, except karma.

"He is right. Their classroom is at the top of the hill...like literally, TOP. They've been through hell." I said. They formed an O shaped with their mouths.

"Let's go then." Maka said and all of us went up the stairs. I can tell you it was really tiring but we've got used to it so it's not even a problem for me. We reached the top at last. I saw the magnificent building.

"The building is really symmetrical." I said. Suddenly my hands being pulled and kid leans in close, staring at me with his eyed glittering.

"I know right?! The symmetry of the building is undeniable! It's a majestic!" He exclaimed. I saw from the corner of my eye liz, patty, maka, and tsubaki were snickering while soul and blackstar just rolled their eyes. Kid was so close to me but then he's been dragged behind. He nearly fell. He looked a little angry.

"What are you doing to MY girl huh?"

"Technically speaking, I did nothing and generally, what are you doing? Do you wish to die?" He looked at him. I sighed heavily.

"Guys, cut it out. It's not even worth fighting for. Kid, I'm sorry about karma-kun. He is always 'protective' to everyone, ESPECIALLY me. And karma-kun, I'm sorry about kid. His obsession is about symmetry so it's best not to fight since he is the strongest among them." I said. Both of them growl at each other before letting out a big sigh and fell silent.