.six.

❝And trust me I'll give it a chance, now❞

"You what?" My eyes widened as I met his warm mocha ones, searching for a shred of a lie or a shred of truth. It was a solid thirty-two  seconds of pure silence .
It made me uncomfortable.
He was lying.
He had to be.

"Ty?" His smooth voice said.
"Yeah?" My voice cracked when I said that. I had never hated myself more.
"I said that I loved you too, basically."
"Oh."
Oh? Was that really all I could come up with?  Really?
"You're ... not just messing with me, right?" I said in a wavering voice.
"No. Are you?" His pretty eyes went sad as the thought struck his mind.
"No!Of course not."
We both shared another fourteen and a half seconds of quiet.
"Dinner is ready, by the way. I just need to get the rolls out the oven and then we'll be all set and ready to go." Josh said cheerfully.
"What did you make?"
"Spaghetti, remember? And rolls and mac n cheese."
Mac n cheese? I love mac n cheese!
"Thanks, Joshie!" I giggled, my little nickname for him slipping through my lips.
"Anytime, Ty ." He smiled and went to get the rolls out the oven .

***

I stood up and walked to the table,  my hands shaking in excitement and nerves. He made me dinner . He loved me. Mac n cheese . I loved him. Forty-three  seconds . His apartment was beautiful. He was beautiful.  Forty-eight  seconds.
He pulled the chair out for me and I sat down. He's such a good guy.
He sat opposite to me.
I waited for him to eat first.
He seemed to be waiting on me.
Twenty-two seconds of one watching the other.
He took a bite of mac n cheese and I followed his actions.
It was so good, he was such a great cook.
I wonder if he went to culinary school.
No, he probably majored in law or engineering.
Something smart and businesslike.
But still something that could be fun.
Probably engineering .
"Is it okay? I could make you cereal instead." He offered. I realized I  had stopped eating to ponder what major he had.
"It's great!" I ate another bite of spaghetti.

***

After dinner was over he walked me back to my room.
It wasn't really necessary saying that I lived next door, but I loved it anyway.
"Want to come in and watch a movie, maybe?" I offered.
I didn't really have any grown-up movies . I had a lot of Disney movies and a couple DreamWorks ones.
"Sure, Ty."
I led him inside my apartment. It was identical to his setup , but flipped.
I flicked off the light I left on in the kitchen and started to walk to my room.
"It'd just be more comfortable ." I explained, walking past the small couch I owned.
My room was a light shade of pastel pink, and I had a double bed with a  matching comforter and pastel blue sheets.
"Take a seat." I giggled, and he did so.
I sat next to him.
"So I have almost all the princess movies, Happy Feet,  all of the Toy Story movies, all of the Finding Nemo movies,  Sing,  and a lot more that you can just look at here . " I showed him the DVD shelf I had.
He looked through them and picked out Sing.
One of my favorite new movies.
He slipped it into the slot and sat back with me.
This is going to be amazing.