day 22- 17.3.17

both the name of this town and I am dumb (I'm sorry)
450 words

[also so is this story honestly I had loads of free time today but I wasted all of it watching steven suptic videos]
[after reading through this again, I can confirm it is terrible and doesn't go anywhere wow am I ok]

Candytown, a place of pastel colours and clear skies, held together by playgrounds and piping synth-pop music. The sun always shines and the faces of the people on the streets do too.

Any outsider would perceive this small town as a childish and pure place full of a collection of appearance-obsessed people who live perfect lives. Candytown is certainly home to an aura of childishness, its name or a quick walk around it can tell you that much, and it can also be described as flawless because the whole town seems to be without a single fault.

On this short and informative walk, one could see the many sights of this pristine town. The park, the communal area as well as being one of the best-kept places in the village, is large and filled with lush green grass and pink benches. There are small speakers in these benches which play polite, repeating melodies which are a joy to walk by. Then, there is the high street with all of the polished stores of Candytown. You can buy stationary and small bottles of strawberry milk but not much else, the stores seem to have been set up mainly for aesthetic purposes. There are smaller streets that go off of the high street, full of little yellow houses where all the citizens live, the outsides of which are equally as pristine and refined. 

Despite this, what happens on the inside is much different. Though an outsider could be slightly unnerved out by the perfection or cuteness of the town, the reality is much more disturbing. The leaders of the town try their best not to let anyone know that there are these problems but for the people that live there, they are very prevalent.

There is a substantial amount of violence that happens in these houses, so much that, despite their yellow colour, they've been nicknamed the the little red houses. Domestic abuse, murder, gang violence, drug addiction, you name any impolite thing and it happens in this outwardly polite town. 

Yet, still, the people coming into the town don't notice a thing. It has become a sort of tourist attraction: "come see the perfect town"; "if you find a flaw I'll eat my hat!"; "buy the pink milk, always with the exact hex code of #ffd2d1"; et cetera. These tourists could never comprehend the sin that takes place in this sinless town.