Not Sober

"Yea, whatever" Taehyung says into his phone before ending it. He sighed as he ran his hand over his hair still thinking about the conversation he just had.
  Taehyung rolled his eyes before trudging his way back into the living room.
   He stepped into the living room and took a quick glance at Jungkook who seemed to be reading the biology textbook.
   "Oh! You're back!" Jungkook said with a small hint of surprise in his face as he tilted his head to face Taehyung.
   Taehyung nodded as he walked over beside Jungkook with no expression on his face whatsoever. He slid his phone back into his pocket and slumped down beside Jungkook on the carpet who was looking at him with a worried face.

     There was a moment of silence before Jungkook cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak.

"Is everything alright?"

"It was my mom" Taehyung sputtered out as he turned his head to the side to look at Jungkook.  "Ah...your..your mom"Jungkook said quietly as he remembered the picture on the wall.

   "Aish.." Taehyung mumbled out as he swung his head back against the leather couch and closed his eyes in frustration. Jungkook sat quietly as he looked down at Taehyung's hands were curled up in a fist on the floor. He felt helpless for once, not knowing what to do, Jungkook bit the corner of his lower lip and stared at the unorganized table in front of them.

   "Your mom...is it Mrs.Jung?" Jungkook asked breaking the silence once again. Taehyung rubbed the corner of his eyes and opened them slowly as he pushed himself against the couch so his back was leaning on it.

"She's my step mom" Taehyung mumbled out quietly before looking into Jungkook's uneasy eyes. Jungkook's eyes widened as he was still in shock that the everything that it was true. "-and is Hyejin your sister?" Jungkook asked as a little more clearer than before. Taehyung stared at Jungkook and the corner of his lips curved up slightly.

"Why?" Taehyung asked out loud.

"N..no. I'm just wondering since she's in your family picture over there" Jungkook said as he motioned his head towards the direction of the picture. Taehyung glanced over behind him where Jungkook was looking at and chuckled. "You're not naive for once" Taehyung mumbled out as he rested his head on the side of the couch.

   Jungkook shifted his body so he was facing Taehyung who seemed to be a little on edge. "Why don't you like your step mom?" Jungkook asked out quietly not knowing if Taehyung would open up about it to him.

"I just...don't like her"

"Why" Jungkook asked a little more louder this time around

"-because she...uses me"

   Jungkook stared at Taehyung who had his eyes closed and immediately felt his entire body shudder with the word 'use'.

   Jungkook stayed silent since he was unable to make any words come out of his mouth. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and looked Jungkook in the eyes before sighing. "She uses me for money" Taehyung said as he felt his throat start to close in on him. Jungkook noticed that Taehyung's voice got more low and raspy and tears had started to build up in his eyes which was clearly seen from the illumination of the natural lighting hitting them through the windows.

    Jungkook didn't want to force answers out of Taehyung since he could tell the topic he brought up was sensitive him.

"Let's go"

"What?"

"The club" Jungkook said as he lifted himself up from the ground before dragging Taehyung along as well.