The Woman

Without another word Charles bundles Kimberly out the shop. He lowers his voice

"That package was named,"

"Yes.... I know.... You can never trust people these days,"

She sets of grumbling with a softened Charles in tow, trawling through the streets of London to find a brown paper package tucked underneath some posh lady's arm.

Charles shakes his head, of course his sole purpose which is to receive the package, doesn't go as smoothly as it should. It just had to go pear shaped, maybe his fate was not quite as he imagined. His fate that is to serve the Mother Eagle and her wishes. 

A shout echoes out of Kimberly's mouth, pointing towards a woman getting into a horse drawn cab, on the other side of the street, around a hundred metres away. She just happens to be carrying a brown, paper, package.

"Argh, that bloody hedge-creeper {In the language of the time this basically means a prostitute, i thought this would be an appropriate insult} has OUR parcel!"

"Language Charles! No need to lose our dignity just yet, but hurry up and hire a ride!"

Charles hails down a cab in a matter of seconds, the woman's cab jolts down the street.

"Follow that carriage now!" he rudely bellows at the driver who helps both Charles and Kimberly into the carriage before setting off. Kim sticks her head out of the window after only a few minutes or so, she jumps up so fast that in turn Charles jumps with fright and the whole carriage shakes.

"STOP!" she screams. The carriage comes to a halt the door flings open and Kimberly runs off. Runs as best as you ever could hope for in the restricting dress she wears. Charles soon follows after paying the appropriate fee, and briefly thanking the driver.

A queer sight it is to see anyone, especially a woman sprinting down the street and tackling another woman to the ground. A move which Kimberly perfected after Charles stole her beloved books just for a little attention. Kimberly sometimes gets so involved in her adventurous books she is not seen for days. Charles one day got sick of it, so he stole her books. 

In the manner of a woman, Kimberly so politely tackled him to the floor leaving him with many bruises.

 The tackled woman squeals and shouts for Kim to get off.

Charles finally catches up puffing, bent over catching his breath, smirking as he watches the love of his life, Kimberly, wrestle with this un-named woman.

Lady Stafford most definitely winning.

"Charles!" cries Kimberly snapping Charles out of his thought bubble. He often finds himself daydreaming at the most unfortunate of times.

"Oh right sorry then," he snatches the brown package from the woman and only then does he drag Kim off her.

"Ma'am I believe this package belongs to us," claims Charles whilst grabbing the woman's arm. She glares at the both of them. Kimberly trying to regain her composure.

Charles doubles over after a kick between the legs, causing him to let go of the woman, who sprints towards a waiting motorcar and disappearing down the road. Charles swears in the politest way possible with Kim too shocked to move. She pats her lover's back, recovering before taking the parcel and looking it over.

"We finally have our package!" she exclaims. He breathes out, regaining strength from his ordeal. Before she can open the parcel, Charles leads Kimberly into a nearby alley way, for some privacy.

Together they peel the perfect wrapping off the parcel to reveal a wooden box. The latch is flicked up and the lid opened.

A seed.

One tiny pathetic seed.

Next to the pathetic seed is a note which bluntly states,

"Plant me,"

Kimberly bundles the paper into a tight ball, her face contorted with frustration.

"We've wasted our lives for this tiny seed? Oh yes I forgot, it has a note, that tells us to plant it.... WHAT else do you do with a seed?" at this stage Kimberly's voice has gone into a quiet scary tone.

"Kimberly Stafford, are you saying you have not enjoyed this time together, this brilliant world we have discovered," Charles holds up the box "we have lived amazing wealthy lives and we shouldn't judge this tiny seed, maybe it will sprout the tree of life!" Kim calms down and nods

"Shall we?"

Charles and Kimberly stroll arm in arm to the greenest spot they can find. Hyde Park.

Both Sir Charles and Lady Stafford wander around the park finding the perfect spot for the seed.

"Here!" they both exclaim at the same time, pointing to a large opening of grass and sky. Charles gets on his hands and knees and begins to dig a hole in the soft dirt.

Kim passes him the seed which he carefully places down and covers. He takes a step back.

"Do we have to sing a magic song or something?" The tree shoots up like some magical bean stalk as the last words leave Kim's lips. Creating a massive majestic tree. Its branches long and lanky yet a piece of artwork all the same. The leaves crafted with intricate spider webs made so delicately. Its roots dig far into the ground, swirling around.

The pair stand, awed at how the amazing seed turned out. They look around but funnily enough there is no other person in sight. Only themselves.

"W...what is this..."

"I...I think it must be...."

"the tree of life!!!"