Chapter 1: Breaking Up

*Garroth's POV*

"Do you hear me, Ro'Meave?!" He spat in my face, pushing me up against the side of the building.

My breathing hitched, and I was unable to form any proper words. I simply nodded, trying my best to conceal my tears. Why was Gene doing this to me?

"You better!" Gene snapped, inching closer to me. Snickers came from the two others behind him. "I am done with you! I never want to see you near me again."

"B-but, I-" I started, before feeling a sharp sensation on my cheek. I stumbled a little, but he lifted me up- and pinned my arms above my head.

"Don't question me!"

I couldn't avoid the tears, that streamed down my face. His mouth contortioned into a smirk, and he let out small chuckles.

"You're pathetic, Ro'Meave. You know that, right?" Gene's laugh turned even more sinister, and his face moved even closer to my own. "Why are you crying, you pathetic, weak wimp?!"

"I-I..," I trailed off, looking down.

Gene grunted, slamming my arms hard onto the brick, school exterior. I bit my lip, to avoid screaming out in pain. I looked back up, to see him glaring at me.

"Answer me, when I ask you a damn question!"

"I-I thought...y-you...l-loved...m-me..."

Gene stared at me for a moment, his expression unchanging. Suddenly, Gene's smirk grew, as he tightened his grip on my arms.

"You thought, that I actually loved you?! You're kidding me, right?" Gene started laughing maniacally, digging his nails into my skin. "Who would ever love someone, as worthless as you?! Nobody cares about you."

Gene released me from his grip, pushing away from me. I fell to the ground out of weakness, and the group laughed at my patheticness.

The three of them strolled off, back into the school, but I sat there. The tears continued to fall, but in much larger amounts.

I reached for my books, which had been flung throughout all the chaos, and hugged them to my chest. I slowly stood up, stumbling a little. I bowed my head, staggering my way back into the school.

Look at you...

"Pathetic...weak...worthless..."

The words repeated in my head, making my heart feel heavy. All of that was true... Gene was right...

I pushed past students in the hallway, not giving a damn about all the stupid comments. I just cried silent tears. I finally made it to the hallway, where my locker was.

I leaned against my locker, holding my books close to my chest. I could hear slight laughs from other students, as they walked by and saw me.

I didn't blame them, though.

The "popular" boy in the school, crying. I would be laughing, too. I simply hugged my books, letting tears stream down my face.