Chapter 27: Dates To The Prom

*Garroth's POV*
~The Next School Year~

I'm nearing the end of my Junior year of High School... And I have mixed feelings... Wanna hear about them? Probably not; but I'm still gonna say, anyways.

Prom is coming up.

Normally, that's a thing you'd be excited for. Now, don't get me wrong, I am...sort of. But, at the same time, I'm not... Mostly because, I'm probably going to end up going alone. Obviously Aphmau would've been my go-to person, but Katelyn's bringing her. Then, I was like, 'okay, I'll just go with Dante or Travis for bro-time', or something not-gay, like that. But, Dante already promised Kawaii~Chan, that he was taking her. And, Travis doesn't want to go, because he's still a Sophomore, and wants to wait until it's his prom. I'm also, definitely not going with some random girl, who is just weirdly obsessed with me (cough, cough, Ivy...), or go alone!

I might not even go...unless...

No, no. I am not going to the Prom with, ugh, Laurance. Definitely, and absolutely, n-

"Hey, Garroth!"

You pick the worst times to mess with me, don't ya?

"Oh, Laurance, hi," I sighed, holding my journal close to my chest, as I shut my locker. I turned, face-to-face with Laurance. I can't believe I am still crushing on this freak, after all this time.

"Wow. Sound more dissapointed to see me, why dont'cha?" Laurance chuckled, as I shook my head.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just rather tired," I lied, beginning to walk with him through the High School halls. To think, that next year, I would be a Senior. Then, I get the heck out of this living Hell. "So, um, y-you know what's coming up soon, r-right?"

"Prom, right?" He smiled brightly, looking down at me.

"Yeah," I responded, feeling my face get hot. "A-are you planning on g-going..?"

"Yeah!"

"A-are you planning o-on asking s-someone, o-or j-just going with...s-someone..?" I really mumbled the question.

"Yup..."

"O-oh," I muttered, probably blushing darkly.

I bowed my head slightly, as we continued to walk through the hallways. Students pushed past us, chatting away, or texting on their cell phones. I glanced up at Laurance, who had his eyes directed straight ahead of him. I bit my lip, taking in a deep breath.

"D-Do you mind s-saying w-who-?"

"I promised to bring Michi, to the Prom," He answered, biting down on his bottom lip.

"O-oh..," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Damn, it feels like it's been forever, since I last felt heartbreak. Who would've guessed? Laurance caused it, again. I guess him and Gene have another thing in common...

Don't compare Laurance to Gene.

You're absolutely right!