Chapter 19: We'll Never Fall In Love

*Garroth's POV*
~One Week Later~

"Laurance, are you sure you're okay?"  I asked him, a tad concerned.

"Hm? Oh, yeah...I'm fine, Garroth."

I was worried about him. All week, he's been acting off... Huh... Now, I see how other people feel, when they ask me if I'm okay, when I'm not. But, it's not like I'm going to tell them that... No point in putting my trust in anyone else... That last time I did that...the person I trusted, broke my heart. Over, and over, again...

So, I guess I shouldn't blame Laurance here. I suppose, that we are somewhat similar in personality. Maybe... I've only known him for a few months, so I can't say for sure... But, we'll see...

"Hey, Garroth, I gotta run to grab something. I'll catch up with you, in Homeroom, okay?"

"O-Okay," I gave him a small wave, goodbye.

"Seeya, Gar!" He waved goodbye, as well, as he skipped off somewhere.

I stood there, feeling my face, and how hot it was getting. Not sure how I feel about the pet name... First Ivy calling me, "GarGar", which is the name my Mom uses on me... And, Laurance calling me, "Gar"... Aph uses that nickname with me... Also, we aren't at that level of, "Just Bros, No Homo", where he can be calling me names like that. Especially because, I may possibly be crushing on him...

"Wow, you two are so gay, it hurts," a voice chimed in from behind me.

I jumped, a little startled. Spinning around, I was faced with the blue-haired, captain of the Volleyball team- Katelyn. I gulped, scratching my arm. How could she tell?! Did Aphmau tell her?! That wouldn't surprise me!

"K-Katelyn?!" I bit down hard on my lip, not making eye contact with her. "W-What are you t-talking about?"

"Woah, Pretty Boy, I ain't judging you," Katelyn chuckled, smirking. "Who was that, anyways?"

"L-Laurance..," I sighed, shuffling my feet.

"Laurance? Oooh! That guy! Yeah. The one who was dating, grr...Lucinda," Katelyn growled under her breath, at the mention of Lucinda's name. Aphmau has told me, that those two have some sort of weird...friendly-rivalry thing between them. It's complicated... "Didn't they, oh..."

Katelyn sighed, tossing her volleyball she had with her, in the air a few times. She glanced around, before giving me a sympathetic look. What was with the sudden mood change.

"Well, uh...I'm going to go find like...Teony, or Kawaii~Chan, or someone. Catch ya later, Pretty Boy."

Katelyn jogged off somewhere, and I stood there awkwardly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone behind one of the corners of the building. I automatically recognized them, and I sighed. She was terrible at hiding.

"What is it, Aphmau?"

I heard a small giggle, following my a fake sigh. Aphmau came out of her epic hiding spot, skipping over to me. She gave me a sweet smile, holding her hands together adorably. Why does she have to be so cute?

"Hey, Garroth~" Aphmau sang, grabbing my hands. Her cute smile contorted into a devilish smirk. Now, what?

"Aph, what is with that smirk?" I questioned, squinting my eyes.

"I saw the way you were blushing at Laurance~" Aphmau once again sang, swinging her hands. Oh, no...she saw that? "It's adorable how much you're crushing on him!"