Sleeping Beauty

"Great job boys", you praise the Saviours that had accompanied you on your latest supply run. You could sense that the men felt more comfortable under your control than Negan's, however they still respected you just the same. "Joey cm'ere", you gestured for him to come closer and he did so slightly uncertainly as if he thought he was in trouble. "Share these out with everyone, and don't tell Negan", you handed him a small box of candy they had managed to scavenge earlier in the day. You could tell he had been eyeing them up since the moment he laid eyes on them.

"Gee thanks boss", Joey grinned as he went around handing out pieces of candy. You weren't growing soft, but you wanted your workers to genuinely want to please you instead of just being scared shitless of you all the time.

You headed inside with only one destination in mind, your bed. Sadly everyone seemed to want to talk to you as you walked the corridors.

"Y/N! How did the mission go?"

"Y/N did you bring back any fruit?"

"Y/N do you have any laundry that needs doing?"

"Y/N can I come with you next time?"

On the inside you want to tell them to go away and check in on everyone in the morning after a good nights sleep. But you carried on talking to them regardless. You kept your answers fairly short but pleasant, resisting the urge to be snarky.

Eventually you made it to your bedroom. As you were Negan's second in command you had the second largest room. The smell of your vanilla candle drifted over to you as you closed and locked your bedroom door. You always had been a sucker for a good scented candle and when you had spotted a yankee one on a mission you were practically doing backflips. You went over and blew out the candle.

Your eyes drifted over to your couch where Negan was spread out, snoring peacefully. He held a gun in his hand on his stomach, presumably to shoot down anyone who disturbed his sleep. You wondered just how long he'd been asleep in here. He must have been waiting for you to come home otherwise he'd have gone to sleep in his own room.

You smiled as you quietly walked over beside him. You leaned down and gently kissed his lips before sitting on the coffee table opposite him. Negan slowly woke up, his eyes blinked open to meet yours and a grin instantly formed on his face.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty", you smiled.

"What time is it?", he yawned after a deep sigh.

"About 9", you looked up at the clock on the wall.

"In the afternoon?", Negan wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"Yeah", you took the gun out of his hand and put it on the coffee table beside you. "How long have you been asleep?", you asked as Negan sat up, his hair sticking up in places.

"Fucking long enough", he leaned forward to press his lips against yours. He kissed you deeply but you could tell he was still half asleep.

"Go to bed", you pulled away and kissed his cheek. Negan mumbled a reply but you couldn't make out what he was trying to say. Some kind of disapproval no doubt.

"I'm comfy here", he kissed your neck.

"Yeah well I've been on the road for 12 hours, so I'm going to bed", you smiled as you got up and headed to your queen sized bed, "are you joining me?". You knew asking him to join you in bed would be the only sure fire way to get him off the couch. In truth you weren't actually too tired. Once you mentally break through the tired barrier you're fine, much like how you used to force yourself to stay up until midnight to see the new year in and your body actually couldn't shut down until 3am because it was no longer tired.