Chapter Three

Hunter forcefully parked the car by a dentist office. "This should work..." Hunter said as he unbuckled.

"Are you crazy?!" Crystal yelled, still buckled. "Do you actually think anyone is gonna be in here?! We're going to be eaten alive!!!"

"Probably," Hunter shrugged as he opened his door.

"You coming?" Crystal rolled her eyes but she opened the door. They started for the door, when they heard a twig snap in the bushes.

"Crystal? Please tell me that was you," Hunter was shook, he wasn't terribly scared, but that was the most nervous Crystal had ever seen him be. Crystal shook her head.

"Run!" Hunter yelled, charging for the door. Crystal ran after him, the victim close behind. Crystal had just barely tumbled through the door before Hunter slammed it shut, leaving the victim helplessly slamming it's body against it.

"Lock it!" Crystal shouted.

"I can't! The lock is broken!" Hunter yelled, still pushing against the door.

"Get some chairs!" Crystal didn't hesitate. She grabbed a chair from the waiting room and threw it against the door, hardly missing Hunter's leg.

"Watch it!" He yelped.
  "Sorry!" Crystal yelped, throwing more chairs at him. Hunter stacked about 9 chairs against the door.

  "Do you think that'll work?" Crystal asked, ready to throw another chair.

  "Hopefully." Hunter brushed the sweat off his forehead, and with that, he was back to his normal, care free self. He tossed her the baseball bat that she had left resting along the wall.

"This way," he said, starting down the empty hall. They speed-walked, searching for people. Infected, or not.

"There's no one here," Crystal brushed the hair out of her face.

"Darn it! Ah well, we'll go to the next one." Hunter said. Crystal rolled her eyes.

"Or... I could do it." Crystal said. She looked at Hunter, who's eyes had lit up in excitement.

  "Really?"

  "Well, I mean, we have all the tools right?"

  "I like this Crystal." She rolled her eyes.

  "Sit." She said pointing to an empty chair. She wasn't really sure what she was doing, but now, she finally understood what life was about; taking risks. She had just barely picked up a tool when they heard glass shatter in another room. "What was that?" Crystal whispered, shook. Hunter adjusted his bat against his shoulder, ready to swing if he had to.

"Probably a victim. We should go," Hunter whispered, though he was already half way out. Crystal rolled her eyes.

  "Ya think?" She whispered sarcastically, running behind him. The victim was catching up on them, and just before Crystal could help Hunter clear the chairs from the door, it grabbed her leg. She fell to the ground.

"Hunter!!" She screamed. Hunter ran over to her and violently beat the victim over the head with his bat. The victim, just as Carrie Box, morphed back into its dead self.

"Darn it!!" Hunter stomped his foot. "It was an orthodontist!"

"Pity!" Crystal said sarcastically as she threw chairs across the room. "Come on!" She opened the door for Hunter, and they both bolted for the car. This time, when Hunter zoomed on to the highway, there where 10 times as many victims as before.

"OH MY GOD!!" Hunter grabbed his chest as his expression fell flat.

"Are you okay?!" Crystal threw one arm on his shoulder and the other on his chest.  He was breathing heavily, but his pulse was normal.