Story 7

Abigail's POV

Every night I came back to the orphanage from school hoping my long lost parents would be found. I didnt have any friends, I was just alone. Then, one day it happened, the housemother told me the news once I walked in the door. I couldn't sleep that night, I was just dreaming about what they might be like. I was going to have to wait till the next day because they had to fly to Maryland to get me, but I was still just enthralled with excitement.

Brent's POV

14 years had gone by, when one day I got a call from an old girlfriend telling me I had a daughter but she was an orphan because she wasn't able to take care of her. So many feelings began to wrap around me. I didn't know how to even respond. Once I snapped back to reality I tried my hardest to track down my long lost daughter. My ex girlfriend told me, my daughter is most likely to be in Maryland, and that she had named her Abigail. I called every orphanage in Maryland and even a few in surrounding states, when I finally found her. I had called her orphanage and I told them I would try to be there the next day because I'd have to catch a flight there from California.

The next day I board my flight to Maryland. I get off the plane around 4pm, get a rental car, and I drive to the orphanage.

Abigail's POV

The next morning I woke up excited to meet my father, a housemother notified me that just my father would arrive around 5. That meaning that I did have to go to school. At school no one really hangs out with me unless they're forced to, but I don't mind, I was just mentally gone the whole day because of how excited I was.
When school was finally over, I ran back to the orphanage and arrived around 3:30. I did my set of chores to pass the time and then the clock struck 5. Of course he didn't arrive exactly at that moment but within a few minutes a medium height man with a brown ponytail walks through the door.

Brents POV

The minute I walked through that door I knew whih on was my daughter. She was the one with light brown hair and a packed bag, accompanied by a hopeful smile. I ask the housemother sitting in front of me
"That one, is that my daughter?" The kind lady smiled and looked at the girl standing a few paces away who heard me and was also smiling.
"Are you looking for Abigail?"
"Yes ma'am"
"Well,-" she says stopping for my name
"Brent"
"Brent, meet youre daughter, and Abigail meet your father." My daughter runs over and jumps into my arms. We stand there hugging for a long time, both of us happily tearing up. I officially claim Abigail and we get in the car so I can take her out for a nice dinner. We go to a nice restaurant and sit down and begin to get to know each other.

3rd Person POV

"Abigail," Brent says "I'm going to try to be fair to you, as a parent, I'm so sorry you never really had a parent, I just want to try to make things good between us, so anything you want, just name it."
"I have you and I couldn't be any happier."
"Okay, just know I'm here for you now so I need to make you feel like you're home."
"That really means a lot, I don't need anything more right now, everything is perfect just being with you." They finish up dinner and talk more. Soon they get in the car to leave and get to California.

Brent's POV

We get aboard the plane and after it takes off, feeling like an idiot I ask her about something I forgot to mention.
"I am so sorry I forgot to tell you this, I got all caught up in the moment, but I am in a band so I will frequently be on tour."
"Oh um okay cool, I'll be able to come with you right?" She answers talking the news better than I expected.
"Yeah but it can sometimes be a little rough constantly being on the road."
"Don't worry I can handle it."
"You sure?"
"Yeah I'll be fine" she answers smiling. "Wait, what band are you in?"
"Shinedown."
"Wait seriously?"
"Yeah. You know that band?"
"Yeah, I listened to your songs a lot when things would get rough." She brings me to tears and we hug again.

We landed late that night and went to bed quickly once I showed her to her room.

The next morning I woke up fairly early and took a shower. Abigail still slept until 8:30 but I just kinda hung around the house relaxing and trying to wrap my head around the whole parent thing. Once she got up she headed over to the living room and sat next to me in the couch.

"Is it alright if you stay home for a little while this afternoon?"
"Uhh I guess. Why?"
"Well I was kinda thinking I was going to cut my hair to seem more like a 'father' figure" he says with finger quotes "and I figured you wouldn't think that was all that fun"
"Okay, that's cool with me. Maybe we could do something later. that might be fun."
"Sounds fun to me, if you want you can plan something to do while I'm gone." I say walking over to the door.
"Okay"
"I'll be back soon, if you need anything, just call"
"Will do, I'll be watching TV if thats okay."
"Knock yourself out" I wink at her.
I get in my car and drive over to a little barber shop. I enter the room and soon I'm up. I ask for a short haircut and the lady doing it begins cutting of locks of hair and soon she finishes. Once she's done, I thank and pay her and leave to get home. I no longer had the long hair that I had since I was 16. I wanted a change now that I have a daughter.
Once I pull up to the driveway I walk inside to see Abigail watching some show that was on and messing around on her phone. She heard me come in so she looks up at me.
"Wow."
"Do I look better?" I say as I run my fingers through my short hair.