Chapter 5: Butterflies Flying Through Hell

"I don't know. I don't mind being seen in public with you; what if someone says something about you?"

"If I'm with you, then there is nothing wrong in the world, " Marco replies. Butterflies flutter in my stomach. I grab his warm, freckled hands in mine. I sway back-and-forth, gripping his hands and humming to myself.

"Jean," Marco giggles, a small smile on his face, "you like this?"

I nod eagerly, "yeah, no doubt. I like this, I like being your boyfriend."

Marco smiles that wide smile that I know so well. "I thought you were straight, but you can't be pretending; not after everything." Marco says. He leans in to hug me tightly.

"I don't really know what I am Marco, but I know what I feel is real. No doubt." I affirm.

Marco sniffs into my shoulder in the hug that we share. "I love you, Jean Kirstein."

I smile more than I've ever smiled before. My heart hurts more than ever at those words. My face reddens and my chest swells with joy and admiration.

"I love you too," I reply, squeezing him tight in my arms.

The light gets to bright, and I have to wake up.

* * *

I wish it wasn't a dream, honestly. I wish I could say those words to him, but It means too much. I want to be seen with him. I want everyone to know that Marco Bodt is mine, but I'm so fucking scared.

Yeah, I love him. I just wish I was able to say it. He deserves more, so much more. More than I would ever be able to provide. I decide to call him, and invite him over.

Marco arrives shortly, walking down our street to meet me at the front door. I smile warmly as he approaches. "Hey Jean, did you need anything?" He asks, a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah,"  I reply.

"What?"

"You." I jump into him with a strong hug. Warmth spreads through my body.

Marco giggles slightly. "Oh, I was worried. Just one question, why do you need me?" He asks with a small smile.

"I thought we could cuddle and chat for a while, maybe you can stay over," I suggest after pulling from the hug.

"I'd like that." He replies with a smile. Marco kisses my cheek gently before we both go inside.

"Wait, I havn't told my parents that we are together yet, should I?" I ask.

"I don't know, it's up to you." Marco responds. He kisses my neck encouragingly, causing goosebumps to pepper my skin.

"I don't know, maybe at dinner?" I suggest. "Do you think that's fine?" I ask, looking for a positive response.

"Sure, that sounds good. Lets up to your room." Marco says gently, hugging me from behind. I'm lucky my parents aren't home at the moment. Marco and I could just cuddle on the couch, but if he wants to go to my room, I'm fine with it.

We trot up the stairs and enter my bedroom. The bed looks so inviting, I want to just crawl on it and pass out. My bed is small, but it will be warm since there isn't much room; and Marco and I will need to snuggle closer.

I know that, since I've known Marco, I've become a love-sick fool; but I can't help it. I lounge on my bed and beckon Marco to join me. He scoots close to me and wraps his arms around my hip.

I smile at him. "How did we get here?"

Marco laughs slightly. "I don't know, but I can't say it's a bad thing," He murmurs, rubbing his thumb on my cheek.