Chapter 4: Falling Further

Class was inherently okay, Armin is back, but he's very sad. I can understand why. They did let Armin keep the house though, and Eren plans to live with him.

At the moment, I'm on my way to Armin's new home, and his grandpa's old home.

I need to talk to him. I trot over to the house, which is close by. Armin could drive, but he likes walking more. I can't blame him, this neighborhood is beautiful. Different sized houses with different colors dot the green grass of either side of the street. Trees, in bloom, have flowers of all different kinds scatter each tree, and trimmed bushes line each fence.

I walk up the nice street and turn into Armin's yard. I follow the pathway to the door, and knock three times. I've always knocked three times, Connie knocked five times, and Armin knocked four. It's like a code.

Armin's face peeks from behind the door. "Hey Jean, I didn't know you'd be stopping by," he states with a smile.

He invites me inside and I take a seat on his couch. "So, is there something you need or want?" He asks.

"I need to talk. This might be a weird question, but how do you know weather you're gay or not?"

"Woah, um, why are you asking this?" He asks, shock spreading across his face.

"Look, Marco makes me feel different, and I just want to know why." I state.

Armin smiles brightly. "Jean," he says, "you have a crush on Marco. There isn't anything wrong with that. Besides, you aren't gay."

"Then what am I?" I ask, confusion swirling in my head.

"Considering your past, I think you are on the lines of bisexual or pansexual. Or maybe you are just specifically attracted to Marco?"

"What the hell does that even mean?" I question.

Armin laughs, then he says two words, "Google it."

* * *

I type my password into my phone, then I get on Google and search what Armin told me.

It's not that complicated, but I can't be that way, can I?

You are. You really like Marco's sweet body.

I growl at my thoughts and turn my phone off. I decide to just leave it on my bed and go downstairs to join my parents for dinner.

"Jeanbo, after super you need to do the dishes." My mother says as soon as I take one step into the kitchen.

"Okay," I reply. I look over at the TV to see the news playing. They are talking about what Marco and I made. They understand the story now. I decide not to watch for long, instead I choose to wipe down the table.

"Jean, when will you be getting a job?" My father asks. He asks all the time, it's beginning to get annoying.

"Uh, I'm not sure." I mumble.

"You better not end up like that freckled kid. Word is, he's in a lot of trouble with the law."

"What?" I ask to myself. It's loud enough for my father to hear. He looks towards the TV and turns up the volume.

"Police have a suspect, and have identified one of the two figures who were caught spraying the buildings in Northern Trost. They are at the house of one of the suspects right now."

A small clip begins to play, in which a police officer handcuffs Marco, and puts him in the police car.

"Police identified the address after searching the license plate that showed up in footage. The suspect has been detained, and police are now questioning the parents of the suspect."