-1-

Dae's

I climb up onto the grass strip, tiring of the effort of walking along the stepping stones. Nearby, someone is sitting on a park bench,

At least I am not the only one who can feel the loneliness. Two people are sitting next to him, staring into nowhere. I sat watching people buzzing on the sidewalk and continues car engines.

For a short while I had amused myself by watching people. Watching them as they go and yell at each other. Then so, I have noticed some people live comfortably, carefree, and even thrive off of this way of life.

As I am looking away, I watch as the people become less and less. But then, there are always interesting-looking people in a crowd. I'm not sure why I started watching him, maybe because in the mass of people in their pants and T's, he's the only one close to my age and he's wearing a very formal suit. I noticed that he kept in glancing at his watch while holding a bouquet of Tulips.

She's not coming!❞ I chuckled, whispering to myself.

I stopped staring at him for a minute and looked at my phone hoping that someone would call or text me. I smiled bitterly,

Who am I kidding?

I busied myself looking around at the crowd taking photos with my phone. I purposely took a photo of the man from before in his tux with a woman looking pretty with her yellow dress holding the bouquet of Tulips.

Perfect!❞ I said, grinning.

I am so happy that I could fairly burst and I am so sad that I could weep. Is that even possible? I squeaked when my phone rang in my hand. It's my cousin calling,

He--❞ she then interrupted my greetings. ❝Have you seen him?❞ she asked happily.

I knew that was coming and I didn't want to believe it. I heaved, clapping my hand over my mouth before I ended the call. What was that for? But then, I was suddenly approached by a stranger in front of me, wearing a V-neck white shirt, maroon khaki shorts and a pair of loafers.

He approached me timidly, ❝I have been watching you for some time.❞ Looking at the person in front of me, it all seemed so sad. What a strange feeling, I thought suddenly. I looked at him with the hint of a smile, wondering if he was serious, I was about to say something but--, ❝There's always something about you, something about the way you watch people.❞ He continued, sitting next to me.

Omg.❞ I whispered again to myself as I tossed my hair back before looking at him. ❝You're here.❞ I said, obviously confused.

I missed you.❞ He said making me broke out into little sobs. ❝I missed you so much.❞ He threw himself onto me, hugging me tight. I suddenly felt an overwhelming warmth for the man who had said only a few words.

I've spent almost a year looking for answers,❞ I stifled an urge to hug him, thank him, and tell him about everything that had happened to me after I left. ❝--Looking for you.❞ He continued to struggle to talk. Tears came to our eyes and trickled down our faces but he reaches to touch my cheek, wiping it all away. He tried to smile, his eyes are sad but loving. I returned the smile as best as I could.

-1--