05 | Deadly Number (Part 1)

Witnessing the gruesome death that took Harvey's life terrified them, and the thought that one of them might die being forced to shoot themselves in the head was sadistic beyond words.

"W- why do we have to keep playing these games?" Natasha questioned. Her legs were trembling terribly and she had to hold the staircase's handle in order to sustain herself. "Can't we just choose to let the games be?"

"We went over this so many times before," Shirley said, starting to lose her patience. Every passing second was precious. "We don't have enough food to survive for long."

"Well... I watched a movie whereby a group of people became cannibals in order to preserve life a little bit longer," Natasha blurted out without much thinking, watching the disgust on their faces.

"Are you actually suggesting us to eat Harvey's dead body? How sick and twisted can you be?" Ashlyn retorted loudly, looking at the other girl as if her presence was filth in sight.

"He's dead anyway," Natasha mumbled inaudibly and was quickly pulled away from their circle by Jay.

"She's mentally unstable. Let's not attack each other," Madison attempted to calm them down.

"Besides, there is no way to escape this game," Mark suddenly remarked, gaining everyone's attention. "If you noticed, Harvey was shot by an arrow none of us expected. That means the Game Master was watching us and is capable of attacking us at any moment."

"So we could get killed even if we play the game?" Jay asked in rage. Everything he had believed so far was partially a lie. If he survived until the end, who was to say the Game Master wouldn't be greeting him with a sickle in his hand?

"Does that mean he is in this house together with us?" Ashlyn posed a question that got them thinking. Silence fell upon them. Considering the number of mysterious and locked up rooms, the possibility that one concealed the Game Master was very likely.

"What if we hide and ambush the Game Master when he appears to attack us?" Madison suddenly suggested. "There are no cameras to show our whereabouts, right?"

When others started to see her idea as another hopeful solution, Oliver hated to be the one bursting their bubble.

"That won't be possible," he muttered lowly. Despite his faint mumbling, the others heard him loud and clear.

"Why?" Natasha demanded. Her face was so red and swollen from tears. She no longer looked like the elegant lady they usually saw performing on stage.

"Because there are actually cameras installed everywhere," Oliver confessed.

"Really? I thought you said there were none," Ethan frowned.

"None to the human eye," Oliver sighed and shut his eyes. "But I did some experimentations last night. I began to measure the sound sources in the house, and it turns out it picked up several external input devices. This means there are cameras that not only records our movements, but also our speech."

"Can't we detect the camera's location using your program?" Mark asked.

"I can only pick up a rough estimation of the audio input source, but I can't exactly pinpoint its location," Oliver said regretfully.

"And we can be sure these cameras aren't for broadcast," Madison spoke, remembering the fact none of the TV channels she watched broadcasted this game. "There goes our plan to ambush him."

"The Game Master is watching our every move. We need to be careful," Ethan concluded.

Damon rolled his eyes lazily, not knowing why he coped up with these bunch of irresponsible idiots. He descended the stairs to do what he should've done all along.