Chapter One.

I looked at the frozen ground beneath me and I shook in fear and desperation. My eyes were like glue as my vision is stuck to my feet. Scared, terrified. I remember staring at the cracks that slowly formed above the thin layers of ice. I wanted to yell out, but just like the ice I was on, my words were frozen. Captured in my throat as the cold air trapped them. My breaths were colder than the ice I weakly stood upon. My knees buckled as I held them together tightly, violently sucking in the particles of ice in the air. I knew I shouldn't have went outside that day. I was warned. I was told, but I didn't listen. And I thought, at that moment. I was about to fall into an icy death.

I heard a voice in the foggy atmosphere. Surprisingly, I remember my head jerked up violently, and to my horror I saw the one I loved at the end of the frozen ice. I was scared he would follow me. And he did. 'Oliver! What are you doing?!' he screamed out, his face showing pure distress. I recall that I glanced at his foot, which moved onto the ice, his body slipping slightly as he moved closer to me. His arms away from his body to stabilize himself. 'What are you doing Vincent? Stop!' I panicked and I moved slightly but that only made the ice crack more. That was when I thought my life was going to come to an end. 'I-it's okay... m-maybe this w-was meant to happen! M-mother did want me dead!' as if my time came to an end on cue, I remember slipping, the pain that went through my legs when they hit the ice was indescribable.

The only sound I heard was the icy water underneath me sink its way into my clothes and before I knew it, I saw my lovers face scream. His body stumbling toward the ice.

'Oliver!!' the rest of his words were cut off with the sound of splashing water and a thud. I closed my eyes, my body was encased and imprisoned by the cold waters underneath the ice. It didn't last long as my already numb body was lifted and thrown onto the ice. I don't remember much from this point but I was left gasping for the air I was given yet again, deprived from it for only what seemed for a few seconds left me still on the ice.

I realized that no one was to be seen, but I heard thumping under the ice about five feet away from the hole that I must have fallen into. Scared, I remember crawling towards the sound. Rubbing the thin layer of snow off the ice. I saw my lover under the layer of ice, bashing underneath it. His screams taken away by the water. I couldn't yell, my throat was scratching, but I do remember bashing on the ice, my hand turned red as it stung, this part of the ice was thicker than the ice I fell into.

I couldn't help but frantically watch the one I had loved for years fade away under what I was supposed to die in. as I sobbed uncontrollably, someone came. A bystander rushed and managed to crack the ice. I should have realized that it was already too late but I refused to believe it. I pushed down on his chest when he was brought up onto the grass, I pushed out the breath I once shared with him into his lungs, my lips placed upon his that used to be pink, not blue. After what seemed like forever, paramedics finally arrived as I was pulled away. I grabbed a hold of my lover's wrist, screaming his name. His skin was colder than the ice. He no longer looked like the one I loved. 'W-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!' I remember screaming that, looking up. And that was when things went black.