Chapter one

Axel

     I sat there. Quietly chugging down one beer after another, ever since I turned sixteen a couple months ago, my friends and I haven't been doing anything but drink ourselves to comatose. The loud basses of the song vibrate against my body, the different colored lights roam around the club and I can hardly see anyones face clearly.

"The fuck you doing there looking all depressed?" Dylan basically screams and I just shrug. Kayden slams his body against mine, releasing a loud satisfied sigh, grabbing for my bottle he chugs the rest down. "Scarlett's in here." He announces and Erik, the last member of my so called friends, joined us.

"Dude, she's hot stuff. I call dibs on her!" Kayden bites his lower lip like the sex-crazed guy he is. He even scares me with how obsessed he is with girls. Trying to get into their pants, meanwhile I'm the only one who remains cool among my folks. "You can't, you asshat!" Dylan shouts back, he runs his hand through his hair, "Why's that? I called dibs on her, so she's mine for the night!"

Me and Erik watch them intently as they argue about Scarlett. The one and only Scarlett Clarksson, the brunette beauty from our school. The most popular and best looking girl from Riverside high, the girl who sweeps every man away from their feet, wearing skirts so short it even makes my sisters blush. The girl that has pearl white teeth with a Colgate smile. She's that girl that every girl wants to be, to keep it short: she's just perfect and everyone wants her, the ones that don't are either girls that are straight or guys that attempted getting her, but failed miserably.

"You look like the guy Barbie, Kian? Kyle-"

Erik coughs, "Kent, you idiot."

"Whatever dude," Dylan waves him off and continues dissing Kayden about his looks and especially hair because that has so much to do as to why he cannot call dibs on a girl, "You're not even that tall, in fact you're short as fuck, you hobbit, you-"

Speaking of the girl they're arguing about, she appears right behind Erik with a drunken smile, "Hello there boys, you're the only familiar faces I've seen whole night, so why don't we just all hangout together? How does that sound, huh?" So many words come out her mouth. She's basically a walking ball of sunshine, making everyone smile by just her presence.

Dylan and Kayden gape at her, and Erik just stands there speechless, staring shamelessly at her chest. I clear my throat, "Sure, do you have any company?" I try to make my voice sound deeper than usual, she might like manly boys for all I know. Her lips start moving again but I can't hear anything this time. I just stare at her, mesmerized by how energetic she is.

As if she's constantly on coke, "-that's fine with you guys right?"

We all still gape at her like fishes, "Excuse me? Isn't English your language or am I missing out on something?" I smack Kayden's head and I swear, I saw drool from the corner of his mouth, and he licks his lips quickly. "Yeah sure, it's no problem with us," he turns to Erik and Dylan and they finally blink out of their Scarlett-trance, "Right boys?" he says louder.

"Yeah of course."

"It's nothing, go ahead!" Dylan supports Erik and I'm still clueless about what's happening. Scarlett clasps her hands together, "Great guys, I'll be right back. Don't run away!"

"Oh, I'm not planning to." Kayden whistles under his breath. "The hell was she talking about?" I give them a confused look, "I don't know and I don't even care, bro." Erik shrugs and we let the night just flow. Basically, Scarlett was a wingman to her friends, they were too shy to approach us, and now we're here. Each of us have a cute junior or sophomore under our arm, but all our eyes are on Scarlett. The whole night I've been avoiding the blonde that's sitting beside me, trying to get even one percent of my attention, but it's one hundred percent directed to Scarlett.