Chapter five

Axel

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I stare at my sister whose eyes are widely open. Confusion is written all over my face, "I could ask you- no, you go to school here." She nervously fixes her long red hair. "Were you looking for me?" I ask, and slightly crouch down so I can look at her face properly.

"Why would I be looking for you?"

I hold my hands out. "That's exactly my point! What are you doing here? Aren't you too old for some high school boys?" I joke around and she seems very offended.

"I would never be here for high school boys." She says in utter disgust.

The empty hallway leaves us in awkward silence. We always end up in awkward situations, so, I cough. "I gotta head to class." I flick her nose and she groans, trying to lunge for me, but I'm too quick and run away from her while sticking my tongue out.

I arrive in history class only five minutes late and my teacher gives me a heartwarming smile. I head to my seat and don't see Jessica on her usual spot. That's quite unusual for her. She's a good student, always present. But since Scarlett's brought her to our place, and my sister and her got all buddy-buddy, she started to be more absent than usual.

I shake my had, they're such a bad influence.

I take my notebook out and copy all the noted while trying to catch up with the teacher. While I write, I can't get rid of the weird feeling of seeing my sister here at school. Yes, she's an alumni, but what would she want to do here?

"Hey." I bend down to kiss Scarlett and she kisses me back passionately. "Get a room." Dylan grumps beside her and I smirk. "Oh, stop it. You love watching us." She slaps his knee playfully and he just groans in annoyance as he digs his face back into the newest Playboy edition.

Not very smooth.

"We're in Starbucks, you know that, don't you?" I nudge Dylan's shoulder and he just grunts. "That's really... stupid to read something like that in a place like this." He slams the magazine down and looks at Scarlett, she just shrugs.

"He's right, honey."

"I thought we were a team." He places his hand over his heart, pretending to be actually hurt. My girlfriend pouts playfully and squeezes his cheeks, "Awww, poor you. But you're a big guy, you don't need me on my side. Besides, I'm always on my boyfriend's side."

I catch Dylan stare at her lips and a pang of jealousy hits me. I actually don't mind Scarlett being so close to them, but I know what effect she has on guys. "Okay, that's enough mush." I pull her away from him and he starts laughing, enjoying the fact that I'm being stupidly jealous over nothing. Scarlett giggles beside me and starts tracing her fingertips against my jawline.

"It's so cute when you're all riled up."

"You haven't seen him riled up, yet." Dylan drinks from his white girl drink, looking like a complete diva. "He's really scary when he's angry. You should see the guys he beat to a pulp."

Now I'm the one to groan out loud in annoyance. I wasn't such a goody two shoes before. I might or might not have had a handful of fights, but it was just a phase. Scarlett loves to call it my depressed but super hot phase. I wasn't her boyfriend by that time yet, and if she'd seen me, she wouldn't call me hot at all, she would be scared of me.

The little bell above the door rings and it catches my attention. Jessica walks in, to my surprise, and she smiles when she sees us. "What's up?" She gives Scarlett a quick hug and waves at me and Dylan. "You weren't in school earlier." I say and she just slowly nods her head.