Autumn Goodbye

"Kyla!" a voice approaches her.

She looks back. It is her friend, Mandy. She looks exhausted after running for what? A miles?

"Hey! What's happening?" she asked out of curiosity. Mandy took a breath and talks.

"You know the troops from the city is coming today?" Mandy asked excitedly.

"Yes. Why? What's so exciting about that?" Kyla asked. She raises her eyebrow.

"I have seen them. Some of them are smoking hot!" Mandy jumps up and down. "Come follow me!" she pulls her hand quickly.

"Where are we going?" she asks. Still shocked.

"Take a peek. I want you to see their hotness" Mandy walks her to a bush located near the jetty. The troops are coming at the island for an autumn trip. Interesting. Rare to have an autumn trip.

"Of course it's rare. This island is beautiful when it's only autumn!" Mandy snapped. "That's why people comes here when it's autumn!"

"Well, okay" Kyla surrenders. She doesn't want to fight with Mandy. That cannon mouth.

"Look! Look! That blonde one! He is so fine!" Mandy giggles to herself playfully. That's what happens when a teenager girl got so excited with hot boys.

"Mhhmmm" Kyla looks with an empty look. But something caught her sight. Rare.

"Kyla! Look at that! I told you!" Mandy screamed. Kyla didn't hear it.

"Kyla!" she slapped Kyla's hand. Kyla is so shocked. She looked at Mandy with a mad look.

"What?" she asked madly.

"What are you looking at? You don't even pay attention to what I say" Mandy pulls her face. Kyla doesn't care. She is still looking at that interesting thing.

"Look. That boy" without her realizing, she points that thing to Mandy. Mandy looked around.

"Where? Is he hot? Is he cute? If he is, I want him!" Mandy cries loudly. Kyla closes her lovely ears. Can't afford to lose it because a horny teenager scream.

"Nah! I'm just kidding. Nothing" she pulls Mandy aside. "Let's go" she walks. "I want to jam to Baby One More Time at home" she walks away.

"That bop? Wait!" Mandy runs over her. Britney Spears is a hot item right now. At this end of the 90's, pop icon rises as teenagers love it damn hard. Among her favorites are N*SYNC and The Backstreet Boys. Dancey songs.

But the boy that she just seen is just something refreshing. She was so used to see hot boys, but he is something new. Like she has never meet boys like him. She wants to know him.

And in a period of 3 days, they met. It was at the teen's party, where teenagers dance to pop hits on a big wide dance floor. Foods are served.

She was dancing so hard to Bye Bye Bye by N*SYNC, when she suddenly falls after a failed attempt to do a made-up flip. So embarrassing.

Then a kind people helps her gets up amidst those people laughs. She cries a little but was shocked to see him. It's him! Her heart beats. He is the one!

"Are you okay?" he asked, rubbing her bruised knee.

"No no. I'm okay. No need to worry" she said, blushing. He is charming she wants to hug and kiss him right now.

"Mind if I take you for a drink?" he asked her. He asked her!

"Yes!" she jumped high, screaming. He looks shocked.

"Let's go, then" he smiles. So fine.

They had a big talk during the drink. And Kyla got to know him better. He is Jason. A hot name for a hot boy like him. She smiles. Is he the one for me? Her teenager spirits rising so high.

"What are the interesting places in this island?" he asks. And she brought him to a guided tour almost the whole area of the island.

"You are very nice" he said, sipping juice while looking at the beach. Well, the beach is not that interesting during autumn.

Dried leaves are everywhere. Roads are full with them. A major issue for a heartless driver that doesn't appreciate the seasons.

"You don't need to be like that" he said. She smiles. He look so dreamy. She wants to kiss him. She didn't have a kiss before.

That night, they met at the hills. A famous coveted place for dating purposes. Full of couples almost everyday no matter what seasons are.

"Kyla. You are beautiful" he said. Stroking her hair gently. She blushes.

And they kissed. Amidst the moonlight. A romantic atmosphere. She have fall in love with him. And that's the truth. Same with him.

Who knows? Autumn trip is not that long. Only two weeks and they will go back to the city. Back with their real life.

"Don't leave me" she cries. She pulls his hand over.

"I love you. But I have to come back to the city" he says with a guilty look. He surely loves her.

"How then?" she asks in her tears.

"I will come visit you someday. You don't have to worry" he said.

"Promise?" she shows her pinkie. He guiltily pinkies back. She smiles.

Here comes the day. She comes to the jetty waving him goodbye.

"I'll come back. Don't worry"

And he never comes back. It is their autumn goodbye. Teenager love didn't last long. So sad.

2009

She opens the chest. It is so dusty. Long time no see?

She finds it. An old photograph. From the 1999. She looks so young here.

"Mom. What are you looking at?" a child voice appears. She smiles.

"Look" she handed the child the photograph. It is framed.

"Who is this?" the child asked.

"My first love" she smiles. Reminding how her teenage years were.

Teenage years are always the best.

Still long way to go right?