Winter Dreams

She slams her phone on the bed. It is a bad day. And night. She looks at the window. Today should be the first day of snowing.

'Another breakup' she sighs slowly. She wipes her tears slowly. Seven boyfriends and still counting. She just can't stop falling in love. Falling in mistake.

She just can't believe what she just saw. Her latest, Nathan was caught with a slut at a high-end hotel that he can't afford a date.

"Who are you?" he said, drunken. She slaps him hard on the face.

"Doucheface!" Then she walks away. The slut is standing embraced with him is pretending like nothing really happened. Such a slut.

She closes her eyes. Reminding about her first love. She is 32 now and still single. She got married once and had a son. But sadly she got divorced after three years. A good ending, huh?

She recalls her first love. That was when she is 18. Sweet eighteen they call it.

"Excuse me, can you help me?" she said, looking at the man's face.

"Yes. What can I help you?" he smiles brightly. His eyes shone.

"Where is Strelsau? I want to go there" she said. Looking at the crowd of people at the railway station.

The Barangbang Festival effect is so big people across the nation come to Strelsau just for a stupid firework show.

"Oh. I'm going there, too. That was my hometown" he explains. She nodded her head.

"Let's go!" he says excitedly. She looks at his face. He is handsome and interesting. His feature is rare.

Who knows? After a few hours they met, he proposes to her. While they were on the lake, riding boat with only them.

"Will you marry me, Claire?" he asks. After a few hours. So short.

Who knows again? They get married a few days later at the town's old church. She basically neglected her family from then.

They lead a happy marriage from that. He is Edward. A loving man. He loves her so much he won't let her do anything. Nah, a cliche marriage.

After a wonderful year, they had a beautiful son. He named it Eric. Such a beautiful name. But this isn't the end of the happy marriage.

Edward changed after Eric birth. He went out at night to the famous cheap bar at the village. He went back home late at night drunk. Sometimes he brought back a woman. Interesting, the woman is the same.

Of course, who can afford all of this? Annoyed by the screaming sounds all night, she ran away from the house with her son.

What a surprise! Edward came to take her home. He promised not to do that again. Of course Claire believes that! They lived happily in a period of, what? 3 months? Forgot to remind that.

He starts his old habit again. Claire gets beaten almost everyday. She was so afraid of her son's safety. She can't stand it anymore.

She asked for divorce. And finally, she is free. Free from Edward, that douche.

But that was not the end. She will continue to date guys in her meantime. Well, her meantime is so rare. Seven boyfriends is not a world record. What a sad thing.

What did she really wants in the world? Love? Not really. Attention? Does she cares about that? Then what? She doesn't even know it.

Back to reality, she gets up from the bed. She looks at the window. It is snowing. The grounds is white from the snow.

She walks down the ground floor. Her son is nowhere. He likes snow just as much as she did. Like father like son? No. Like mother like son? Yeah.

She opens the door. Her son is playing with the snow. She looks at him with a smile. He is all grown up now. He looks like Edward. She hates that. But she have to accept the fact.

Eric realized her existence. He smiles. He waves at her.

"Come play with me" he said, smiling. She smiles, too. Mother?

She comes nearer. Hugging Eric. He looks shocked. What did she cares? She only has him. Her own treasure.

She cries in joy. This is the thing that she searches for such a long time. Why need to find love? She already has one.

A happy ending?